With flavorful sausage, cheese-filled ravioli and spices, Ravioli Soup is a hearty soup everyone will love!!
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with basil & herbs
- 5 c chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 2 c (or 1 8.8 oz box) dry ravioli
- 2 c spinach leaves
- ⅔ c heavy whipping cream
In a large pot, brown the ground Italian sausage. Drain the grease.
Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, minced onion, garlic powder, salt and red pepper flakes (if using); bring to a boil.
Once the soup has come to a boil, add the ravioli and cook for 15 minutes or until the ravioli is tender.
Stir in the spinach and remove from the heat.
Stir in the cream and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.