Smooth cheesecake filling with cinnamon tunnels throughout, a frosting swirl and dollops of whipped topping make up this show-stopping Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake!Jump to Recipe
I always love sharing dessert recipes, but this one I’m especially excited about! Why?? Because just look at it!!! It’s so darned gorgeous and tastes as good as (maybe even better than) it looks!
If you’re a cheesecake (or cinnamon roll!) lover or just someone looking for a show-stopping dessert, this is the one! The detail… from the cinnamon swirl throughout the cheesecake to the frosting and the mini cinnamon rolls that adorn the top! With all the detail comes a little extra work, but trust me when I say it’s worth it!!! Let’s get to it!
Steps for Making a Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Make the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the filling and the cinnamon swirl mixture.
- Layer the filling and the cinnamon mixture in three even layers then use a knife to swirl it throughout.
- Place the pan in a water bath and bake for 75 minutes.
- Let the cheesecake come to room temperature on the counter (don’t put directly into the fridge) then refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set up.
- Make the frosting, pipe it over the cheesecake and garnish with whipped topping and mini cinnamon rolls.
I know this recipe looks lengthy and there are many steps to creating this masterpiece. But when you take that first bite, you’ll know it’s worth it!!
Tips for Making a Delicious Cheesecake
Starting with a good recipe is a great first step. However, there are many tips that will help ensure the recipe comes out flawlessly!
- Use a food processor to create fine graham cracker crumbs. Fine crumbs will make it easier to shape the crust.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and mixed until smooth before you add other ingredients. This will ensure there are no clumps of cream cheese in your cheesecake.
- Make the water bath. It’s a little extra work and an extra pan, but it will help ensure that the cheesecake will bake evenly and decrease the chances of cracks on top.
- Don’t overbake the cheesecake. If your oven is at 325F, it’ll take 75 minutes. (Not sure if your oven is right at 325? Use an oven thermometer to check!). There will be some wiggle in the center of the cheesecake when you take it out of the oven and that’s okay (actually good!).
- Go around the edges with a knife. You’ll want to go around the edges with a knife soon after it comes out of the oven to make sure the outside ring of the springform pan will easily release once it’s cooled.
- Don’t rush the cooling process. Let it come to room temperature on the counter, then refrigerate.
Other Yummy Cheesecake Recipes
Oreo Mini Cheesecakes – With an Oreo crust, creamy cheesecake filling and a light and fluffy whipped topping, these Oreo Mini Cheesecakes are simply incredible!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – With layers of streusel, cheesecake filling and a swirl of pumpkin, they’re gorgeous and so delicious, especially during fall!
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake – If you’re short on time, this no-bake cheesecake is the way to go!!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Pan (Springform Pan)
- 1 3/4 c cinnamon (or regular) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
Frosting + Garnish
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp salted butter softened
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk if needed for consistency
- whipped topping for garnish
- mini cinnamon rolls optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs (I used a food processor to make sure they are nice and fine), sugar, melted butter and cinnamon.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan using a glass. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place the softened cream cheese and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. (A large bowl with an electric mixer will work fine, too). Mix on low until the cream cheese is nice and smooth.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon and mix on low until well-combined, stopping halfway through to scrape the bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until they're all incorporated; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, melted butter, flour and cinnamon; set aside.
Put Together & Bake the Cheesecake
- Pour about 2 cups of the cheesecake mixture into the crust; sprinkle with about 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture.
- Repeat the cheesecake and cinnamon layers two more times.
- Use a butter knife to gently swirl the cinnamon throughout the cheesecake, making sure not to scrape the crust.
- Wrap the springform pan in a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place the pan into a larger pan (such as a deep sheet pan) and pour hot water into the large pan to create a water bath. Make sure the water doesn't go above the top of the foil.
- Bake for 75 minutes. The cheesecake will be set around the edges and wiggly in the center.
- Remove from the oven, go around the outside of the pan with a butter knife (to make sure it'll release well from the outside of the pan later on) and let it come to room temperature on the counter.
- Once the cheesecake is room temperature, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Top the Cheesecake
- First, remove the outer ring of the springform pan.
- Make the frosting by mixing the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add a splash of milk, if needed to create a smooth frosting.
- Use a piping bag (or a resealable bag with the tip cut off) to pipe a swirl on top of the cheesecake.
- Add whipped topping around the edges, if desired and top with mini cinnamon rolls.
Cheesecake filling adapted from Sugar Spun Run.