Smooth cheesecake filling with cinnamon tunnels throughout, a frosting swirl and dollops of whipped topping make up this show-stopping Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake!Jump to Recipe
I always love sharing dessert recipes, but this one I'm especially excited about! Why?? Because just look at it!!! It's so darned gorgeous and tastes as good as (maybe even better than) it looks!
If you're a cheesecake (or cinnamon roll!) lover or just someone looking for a show-stopping dessert, this is the one! The detail... from the cinnamon swirl throughout the cheesecake to the frosting and the mini cinnamon rolls that adorn the top! With all the detail comes a little extra work, but trust me when I say it's worth it!!! Let's get to it!
Steps for Making a Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Make the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the filling and the cinnamon swirl mixture.
- Layer the filling and the cinnamon mixture in three even layers then use a knife to swirl it throughout.
- Place the pan in a water bath and bake for 75 minutes.
- Let the cheesecake come to room temperature on the counter (don't put directly into the fridge) then refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set up.
- Make the frosting, pipe it over the cheesecake and garnish with whipped topping and mini cinnamon rolls.
I know this recipe looks lengthy and there are many steps to creating this masterpiece. But when you take that first bite, you'll know it's worth it!!
Tips for Making a Delicious Cheesecake
Starting with a good recipe is a great first step. However, there are many tips that will help ensure the recipe comes out flawlessly!
- Use a food processor to create fine graham cracker crumbs. Fine crumbs will make it easier to shape the crust.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and mixed until smooth before you add other ingredients. This will ensure there are no clumps of cream cheese in your cheesecake.
- Make the water bath. It's a little extra work and an extra pan, but it will help ensure that the cheesecake will bake evenly and decrease the chances of cracks on top.
- Don't overbake the cheesecake. If your oven is at 325F, it'll take 75 minutes. (Not sure if your oven is right at 325? Use an oven thermometer to check!). There will be some wiggle in the center of the cheesecake when you take it out of the oven and that's okay (actually good!).
- Go around the edges with a knife. You'll want to go around the edges with a knife soon after it comes out of the oven to make sure the outside ring of the springform pan will easily release once it's cooled.
- Don't rush the cooling process. Let it come to room temperature on the counter, then refrigerate.
Other Yummy Cheesecake Recipes
Oreo Mini Cheesecakes - With an Oreo crust, creamy cheesecake filling and a light and fluffy whipped topping, these Oreo Mini Cheesecakes are simply incredible!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars - With layers of streusel, cheesecake filling and a swirl of pumpkin, they’re gorgeous and so delicious, especially during fall!
RumChata Cheesecake Shooters - These little shooters are perfect little dessert treats! They're no-bake, making them easy and stress-free!
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake - If you're short on time, this no-bake cheesecake is the way to go!!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Cheesecake filling adapted from Sugar Spun Run.
Mandy @ South Your Mouth says
THIS.... is gorgeous. I mean, like 'stopped me in my tracks' stunning!
You're too sweet!! Thanks Mandy! 🙂
Jordan LaBonte says
How do you make the mini cinnamon rolls?
Sometimes I can find pre-packaged mini cinnamon rolls at the store. If I can't, I find the cinnamon rolls in the refrigerator section, unroll them, and make them into mini cinnamon rolls! 🙂