If you like pickle wraps, you're going to LOVE this Pickle Wrap Dip! It's got all the ingredients that make up a pickle wrap, but is so much less tedious!Jump to Recipe
Everyone's got their own idea of what a pickle wrap should be. But let's be honest, I've never met a pickle wrap I didn't like. And wanna know my favorite?! The "Pickle Dawgs" at the Iowa State fair.....it's a pickle with cream cheese, dried beef and then battered and fried. SO GOOD.
But unfortunately, I only get those pickle dawgs once a year, so for the rest of the year, the cold pickle wraps are A-okay! However, I prefer a good pickle wrap dip because it takes MUCH less time to make and is just as good.
I have to give props to my mom for this recipe, though, because she's perfected it so it has the ideal ratio of ingredients. (Thanks Mom....you da best!)
- Cream Cheese - I recommend using the full-fat or ⅓ less fat cream cheese (skip the non-fat cream cheese!)
- Sour Cream - I prefer to use the full-fat sour cream for this OR plain Greek Yogurt; light sour cream tends to be a bit too runny
- Onion Powder
- Dill Pickles - I prefer to chop the dill pickles (rather than using a relish) because you can prevent too much moisture from being in the dip
- Dried Beef - You can use dried beef, corned beef, or ham....whichever you prefer!
- Assorted crackers and chips for dipping
What kind of crackers to use for this dip
I love using a sturdy cracker, such as Triscuits for Pickle Wrap Dip. However, tortilla chips or scoops, Wheat Thins and pita chips are also delicious!
Other favorite dips
Hot Pizza Dip is always a favorite! It's cheesy, creamy, meaty and full of pizza flavor!
Easy Lemon Fruit Dip is a super simple recipe with just a few ingredients, perfect for dipping fruit, vanilla wafers or graham crackers.
Monster Cookie Dough Hummus is another favorite! It's a healthy, filling treat the whole family loves!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey