These No Bake S'mores Bars will remind you of a classic s'mores, but with a whole lot less mess!! Bring these simple bars to potlucks, family get together, and of course, the last minute birthday treats!!Jump to Recipe
Fall is a busy time on the farm. The corn and soybeans are ready to be harvested and when the weather is nice, there's no stopping! I always look forward to the sights, sounds and smells of harvest - reminds me of my childhood.
Although I wasn't super active on the farm (thanks to two brothers who LOVED it!), I did have the important job of keeping the farmers well-fed! I took that job very seriously!
Harvest meals have to work on-the-go, because like I said, when it's "go-time," there's just no stopping! Therefore tractor grub often consists of sandwiches, chips, fruit and some sort of grab and go dessert.
Often, that dessert consisted of oatmeal scotchies, simple cookie bars, etc, but this one was always a special treat!
What ingredients do I need to make No Bake S'mores Bars?
- Golden Grahams Cereal - these act as the "graham crackers" in the s'mores. They stay nice and crunchy, giving these bars such a delightful texture.
- Marshmallows - I mean, it couldn't be called a s'more without marshmallows, amiright?!
- Corn Syrup - this helps give the soft, chewy texture to these bars.
- Milk Chocolate Chips - like a classic s'mores, milk chocolate is a very important piece of the puzzle! These chips are melted into the bars, so you get some in every bite.
- Butter - this helps with texture and flavor (butter makes everything better! ;))
- Vanilla - yep, you guessed it, FLAVOR!
How should I store No Bake S'mores Bars?
I typically cover my 9x13 pan with plastic wrap or an air-tight lid. They can be stored in the fridge, but I recommend leaving them at room temperature.
How long do these no bake bars last?
Well, if your household is anything like ours, they won't last long!! But that's just because they were eaten so quickly, we never have to worry about them going "bad!"
However, if you do find yourself with leftovers, I recommend eating them within two days. If they sit much longer than that, the cereal starts to soften, so they're not as good as when they're fresh! (However, they're safe to consume for several more days).
What are some other no bake dessert recipes?
- One of my all-time favorites are these Best Ever Scotcheroos! They're soft, chewy, peanut-buttery and covered in a layer of chocolate. YUM!
- Another one of my favorite no bake treats growing up was No Bake Cookies. These Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies from my friend Amy at House of Nash Eats are perfection!
- If you're looking for more of a "dessert" recipe, rather than bars/cookies, this Fried Ice Cream Pie always hits the spot!!!
CONNECT WITH DANCE AROUND THE KITCHEN!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
No Bake S'mores Bars
- ⅔ c corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 12 oz pkg milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 c mini marshmallows
- 8 c golden grahams cereal
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the corn syrup and butter. Stir until the edges of the pan just start to bubble.
- Remove the mixture from the stove top and stir in the chocolate chips until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla, then the marshmallows and golden graham cereal until well-coated.
- Press into a greased 9x13 pan and let cool.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!!
Recipe added to Meal Plan Monday and the Weekend Potluck.
Aimee Enfield says
Our family loves these and I've learned that these are definitely a favorite of your brother's!!! He can polish off the pan!