Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies start with a brownie mix and topped with a melty caramel filling, chocolate drizzle and sea salt! A little taste of heaven!!Jump to Recipe
Have you seen the new Girl Scout cookie flavor?! It's a brownie cookie filled with caramel and a "hint of salt." I knew the minute I saw them that I was going to have to recreate them for the blog!
And although I haven't tried the Girl Scout cookie version yet, I'm OBSESSED with this homemade version! There's just something about the chewy brownie cookie and the soft caramel filling that *allllllmost* drips out of the cookie when you take a bite. And then the salt on top that makes these the perfect balance of sweet and salty. I hate to brag, but.........these are perfection.
- Fudge Brownie Mix - I used the Betty Crocker 18.3 oz box, but other brands should work just fine
- Vegetable Oil
- Caramel Bits - You can find these by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle at most grocery stores
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Chocolate Chips - I like to use semi-sweet, but milk or dark chocolate would work great, too
- Flake Sea Salt - If you just have regular salt, that will work fine, too
How to make Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies
I love how fancy these look, yet they're really not that difficult. See my step-by-step photos of the cookie recipe below!
How Should I Store These Cookies?
Once they're completely cool, store them in an air-tight container at room temperature (or in the fridge) for up to 5 days. If you'd like to freeze them, that would work great, too! Simply place in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months. I do recommend placing a sheet of waxed paper between layers of cookies so they don't stick together due to the filling.
Other Tasty Brownie-Inspired Recipes
If you like the looks of these cookies, you're sure to love these Salted Caramel Brownie Bites, too!! Filled with caramel and dunked in chocolate....yes, please!!
These Cheesecake Brownies are easy, yet look impressive! They're fudgy and decadent - perfect for all chocolate-lovers!
And if you just want simple Homemade Chewy Brownies, I've got the perfect recipe for you! Who knew homemade brownies could be so darned easy?!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies
- 1 18.3 oz box fudge brownie mix
- ⅓ c flour
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ c vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
Caramel Filling + Toppings
- 1 c caramel bits
- 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ c chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- flake sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, flour, eggs, oil and water; batter will be thick.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet, keeping 2 inches between the cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the top of the cookie has a dry appearance, but is still soft to the touch. Don't overbake!!
- Let cool for 2 minutes, then use a small cap (such as a cap of a vanilla bottle) to make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramel bits, heavy whipping cream and salt. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Spoon into the center of each cookie.
- In another small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and oil. Microwave for 60-90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies and sprinkle with flake sea salt.