These chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. They're chewy, buttery and have a combo of semi-sweet and white chocolate chips for loads of flavor!
Ohhhh I'm a sucker for delicious cookies. I mean does it really get any better than a cookie fresh from the oven with a glass of cold milk?! I think not! Though I love about any kind of cookie (my Chocolate Chip Cookies are hard to beat!), these are another one of my faves!
Why I love these cookies
- I love chocolate, so its no surprise these fudgy chocolate cookies are right up my alley!
- No chilling needed!!! Though, you can certainly can if you want.
- Deep chocolate flavor. They're deliciously chocolatey with cocoa powder, white chips, AND semi-sweet chips!
- Easy, one-bowl recipe!
- Butter - I use salted for this recipe. If you use unsalted butter, simply add an additional ¼ teaspoon of salt to the dough
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar - Light or dark brown sugar will work great
- Egg - I use large eggs when baking
- Milk - Any milk or milk alternative will work great
- Vanilla Extract
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips - I use a mixture of white chocolate chips AND semi-sweet chips. However, you could use all white chips (or even white chocolate chunks), if you prefer.
How to Make
These cookies are very simple to make! I've got a few tips at the very end of the baking process to make them extra pretty, too!
In a large bowl, combine the softened butter and sugars until light and fluffy. You can do this by hand, but I recommend using an electric mixer or stand mixer.
Then add the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Next, you'll add the dry ingredients and stir on low speed just until combined. Then it's time to stir in the chips!
Once the dough is mixed up, you can either choose to cover and refrigerate for up to 36 hours or bake right away.
When you're ready to bake, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and scoop the dough onto the prepared sheets.
Bake one cookie sheet at a time in a preheated oven until they're just set. With the cookies being dark, it's hard to tell if they're done (since you can't see if they're "golden brown"). One thing that helps me is to look more at the texture of the cookie. If it's glossy looking, it's still super doughy and needs to bake longer. If it's looking a little more dry around the outside of the cookie and a little moist in the center, they're likely done. It takes some practice! They will set up as they cool, as well, so keep that in mind.
Once the cookies are done, I like to do two things to make them look extra delicious! First, I use a glass to make sure they're in perfect circles (see photo above center). Then, I take a few extra white chocolate chips and pretty them gently into the tops of the cookies.
Let them cool for a while then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Making the BEST Cookies
- Use good quality white chips for the best flavor. Ghirardelli is my favorite!
- Don't overmix the dough. Overmixing will make the cookies tough.
- Chill the dough before baking if you want extra chewy cookies.
- Bake the cookies until they are just done. Overbaking will make the cookies dry.
- Put the cookies in an airtight container once they're cool so they don't dry out.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can keep these stored at room temperature in an airtight container or freeze them.
Yes! These freeze really well. I recommend freezing them in an airtight container or freezer bags for up to 3 months.
Absolutely! I like using half white and half semi-sweet so it's not overly sweet. However, some might enjoy all white chips better - it's just a preference thing!
- Use peanut butter chips for a delicious chocolate peanut butter cookie!
- Use all semi-sweet chocolate chips for double chocolate chip cookies!
- Use a combination of dark chocolate, semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips for the chocolate lovers!
- Use ½ cup chopped pecans, ½ cup chocolate chips and ½ cup caramel bits for a turtle cookie!
- Use all white chocolate chips for those big white chocolate fans!!