Start your day with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal - easy to put together ahead of time, healthy, flavorful and filling. Try it once and I can almost guarantee it'll become a weekly meal prep solution!Jump to Recipe
Does anybody else feel like every morning is a chaotic race against the clock? I know it is for my family - by the time I get my morning workout in, shower, get the kids ready and attempt to look somewhat put-together myself, time for breakfast seems to be minimal.
No matter how busy the morning is, I'm not one to skip breakfast - I truly believe it is the most important (and most delicious!) meal of the day. A couple of my favorites are these Healthy Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, protein-packed Cottage Cheese Pancakes, fruit and yogurt smoothies, and Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash. But recently I came across a baked oatmeal recipe and was intrigued by it.
I tried a couple different recipes then decided to "healthify" (pretty sure that's not a word), and bring some fun flavors into the picture. I mean, who can say no to chocolate and peanut butter?!
Baked Oatmeal is like a cross between regular oatmeal and bread pudding - such a treat! Whether you eat it right out of the oven or refrigerate and heat up a square each day, it's soooo delish!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
- ¼ cup mashed banana about one small banana
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips divided
- ¼ cup ground flax seed optional
- additional peanut butter for topping optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Ina large bowl, stir together the banana, peanut butter and eggs.
- Oncecombined, add the maple syrup, vanilla and milk.
- Next,stir in the baking powder, oats, and ¼ c mini chocolate chips. If you'd liketo add flax seed, add it now.
- Pourinto a greased 9x9 inch pan and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoon mini chocolatechips on top.
- Bakefor 25 minutes or until the center is just set. (A little wiggle is still fine)
- Ifdesired, melt a couple tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave anddrizzle on top.
- Eitherenjoy warm, or cool, cut into bars and enjoy throughout the week!
- Store refrigerated for up to 5 days.