These Butterscotch Brickle Bars have a buttery shortbread crust and the most delicious butterscotch pecan topping that make them simply impossible to resist!Jump to Recipe
A couple weeks ago, my mom and I were talking about recipes here on the blog. I said "Mom, what are some of our family favorites that are missing?" This was the first one she mentioned and I couldn't agree more. I flipped through the recipe box and realized the recipe card was almost impossible to read.
You know it's a good recipe when its got it's fair share of wear 'n tear! I'm not sure what was splattered on this recipe card, but man, you can tell this recipe has been made a time or two (or 200!).
I whipped up a batch of these bars, wanting to make sure I could make them (almost) as good as Mom. Ahhh they were just like Mom made them. It took me back to the days us four kids would hop off the school bus and run inside for our afternoon snack. She always had something for us - but having homemade bars ready to be devoured was a special treat!
Anyway, the afternoon I decided to get some photos of these bars, McKinley was quietly flipping through some books just a few feet away from me. After finishing up with the photos, I looked up at her and she was very nonchalantly snacking on one of these bars..... I honestly didn't even see her sneak one from me!! Someone explain how I wake up to her rolling over in her crib, yet I don't even notice her walking over, grabbing a bar, and sitting back down.... Toddlers are so darn sneaky!! .....just look at that smirk! (Insert heart eyes emoji here)
Long story short, McKinley approves! And how could you not.....with the most deliciously buttery crust and chewy, crunchy, flavorful topping, they're just simply delicious. And oh so addicting!! Enjoy! 🙂
Other Delicious Dessert Bars
Butterscotch Brickle Bars
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon butter room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the crust ingredients until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Press into a lightly greased 9x13 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, butter, water and salt.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until the chips are melted.
- Stir in the chopped pecans then spoon the mixture over the shortbread crust and carefully spread it out.
- Bake an additional 8 minutes then let the bars cool and enjoy!