These Cottage Cheese Pancakes are soft and fluffy, yet full of protein (16 g per serving!!) to keep you satisfied all morning long!Jump to Recipe
Are you stuck in a rut with breakfast, eating the same thing every day? (I'm guilty, too!) Let's be honest....oatmeal every single day gets a little monotonous. Well, I've got the perfect way to change up your routine and it's far from boring!
These Cottage Cheese Pancakes freeze well, are quick and easy, and they're full of protein (16g per serving, to be exact)! I love some of the high protein pancake mixes available at the grocery store these days, but dang they're SO pricy. These pancakes have even more protein and are super inexpensive to make. WIN WIN!
- Cottage Cheese - 1% or 4% will work - This recipe is great if you have lots of cottage cheese to use up!
- Eggs - I always use "large" eggs
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil - Or melted butter
How to Make Cottage Cheese Pancakes
This is my favorite part of the recipe, because it's EASY!! You'll literally just dump all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.....easy right?! You will want to run a rubber spatula around the outside edges of the blender to make sure all the dry ingredients get combined!
The rest of the recipe is just like any pancake. Simply grease the griddle, pour some batter onto the hot pan and cook until bubbly. Once it's bubbly, flip and cook until golden brown.
How to Serve Cottage Cheese Pancakes
I like to serve these pancakes warm with maple syrup and a side of fresh fruit. You could also top with a fruit syrup, powdered sugar or a pile of mixed berries!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 6 eggs
- ¾ c flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- ¼ c milk
- Put all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend at high speed for 1 minute.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto a hot greased griddle.
- Flip the pancakes when the bubbles form on top of the pancake.
- Cook the second side until golden brown.
- Enjoy right away, refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze in Ziploc baggies for those mornings you need something quick!