This Flag Charcuterie Board is super festive, easy to make and so fun to customize to your family’s likings!!Jump to Recipe
Whether it’s Memorial Day, Fourth of July or Labor Day, you can bet I’ll be bringing out all the red, white and blue!! This Flag Charcuterie Board is one of my favorite ways to bring all the USA vibes and it’s always a hit, along with my festive Berry Trifle!
Be sure to check out the video and notes below (there are SO many options for each of the three flag colors!). What would you include?? Be sure to tell me in the comments below!
VIDEO: How to Make a Flag Charcuterie Board
Customize to your liking and what you’ve got on hand!
Not sure what to use as the board? Try using a sheet pan, a 9×13 casserole pan or a cutting board! And here are lots of ideas for the red, white and blue!
- The RED
- Summer sausage
- Red pepper slices
- Cherry Tomatoes
- The WHITE
- Pepperjack cheese
- Muenster Cheese
- Cheese curds
- Apple slices
- Yogurt-covered raisins
- Nuts – peanuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc.
- The BLUE
- Blue Candies
Can you make a Charcuterie Board ahead of time?
I don’t recommend putting it together more than a couple hours in advance of a party, if you’ve got crackers or anything crispy on the board. Why? Because the moisture from the other items will make them soggy. And let’s be honest, nobody wants that!
Therefore, I like to get everything prepped ahead of time. Cut the cheese into slices (or star slices with a cookie cutter!), cut the meat, wash the berries, etc. Store them in the fridge until you’re ready to put it all together. It’ll come together super quickly when everything is sliced and ready to go!
Flag Charcuterie Board
- Choose the board you will use. You can use a quarter sheet pan, half sheet pan, cutting board, or other trays you have at home. Make sure to give it a good wash.
- Prep all of the ingredients you'll be using. Cut the meat into slices, cut the cheese into stars (or slices), wash the berries, etc. (See above for different red, white and blue options!!)
- When ready to enjoy, put the flag together! Start with a line of red at the top, then alternate white and red until you've reached the bottom (making sure to keep the blue section open).
- Fill in the blue section, then top with a star (I use a cheese sliced cut with a star-shaped cookie cutter).
- Keep the board cold while serving and enjoy!!!