Haystack Cookies are a quick and easy no-bake dessert everyone loves. Chow mein noodles & nuts give them a great crunch and they're coated in a peanut butter & butterscotch coating!!Jump to Recipe
These cookies always take me back to my childhood. It's one of those treats I completely forget about until I see a bag of chow mein noodles in the grocery store! I don't even know what is "normal" to do with chow mein noodles, because in my eyes, these Haystack Cookies are the only option!! 🙂
Ingredients Needed for Haystack Cookies
- Chow Mein Noodles
- Salted (or lightly salted) peanuts or other nuts (my favorite to use is cashews!)
- Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter and/or Butterscotch Chips (I like to use 1 cup of each!)
Fun ways to top Haystack Cookies
Don't get me wrong, haystack cookies are delicious just as is! However, I love playing around with different toppings! Try toffee bits, sprinkles, or a pretty chocolate drizzle! This is a great way to get the kids involved, too. Just be sure to add the toppings right away, so they stick onto the cookies before they're set up.
My Other Favorite No-Bake Treats
No Bake Peanut Butter Treats are soft, chewy bites sure to satisfy that sweet tooth! Just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes needed for these tasty treats!
No Bake S'mores Bars will remind you of a classic s’mores, but with a whole lot less mess!!
Peanut Clusters are always a delicious treat! With just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep, you'll have these ready in a jiff!
Lemon Rice Krispie Treats are a little bit sweet, a little bit tart and bursting with lots of lemon flavor! It’s a rice krispie treat variation you’ll want to make again and again!
Best Ever Scotcheroos have rich chocolate and butterscotch covering the creamy, crispy, peanut-buttery base layer. These are truly the "best ever!"
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- 2 c butterscotch and/or peanut butter chips*
- ¼ c peanut butter
- 1 5 oz pkg chow mein noodles
- 1 c cashews, peanuts or other nuts
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the chips and peanut butter.
- Microwave at 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the chow mein noodles and nuts and stir until coated.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to drop onto the waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until set, and remove from the waxed paper.