These Healthy Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are full of chocolatey goodness – no one will ever know they’re actually good for you!Jump to Recipe
When I think of the farmers market back home, I think of a small town farmers market. There’s some art, a couple food vendors, and a handful of people selling fruits and vegetables.
Stepping foot into the farmers market in Des Moines for the first time was a real “you’re not in small town Iowa anymore” moment! You guys, the Des Moines Farmers Market is a whole different ballgame. We’re talking hundreds of vendors, thousands of people, live music, homemade pastries, meat, vegetables, beautiful flower bouquets, and fresh smoothies and juices.
I enjoy the farmers market – there’s a cool vibe and I love imagining all the recipes I could make the with the fresh produce.
Are these Healthy Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins actually healthy?
Well, I suppose it depends what you consider “healthy.” However, I can tell you that they’re low in fat and sugar, high in protein, and are packed with chocolatey goodness! (110 calories, just 3 grams fat, and 5 grams of protein in each muffin!!)
I usually whip up a batch or two and freeze them. Then I’ll microwave them (about 25 seconds each) for breakfasts or snacks. My girls even love eating these for dessert! 🙂
VIDEO: How to make Healthy Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Other Zucchini Recipes
Zucchini Cookies – These cookies are soft, moist and topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake – This cake gets its moist texture from loads of shredded zucchini! Topped with a buttery chocolate frosting, its a dessert that truly melts in your mouth!
Strawberry Zucchini Jam – Yes, you can put zucchini in jam! Such a fun, unique jam to swirl into yogurt or top a piece of toast!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Get the printable recipe below!
Healthy Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 c flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 c Stevia (or white sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 5.3 oz container vanilla Greek yogurt*
- 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce*
- 1 c peeled and shredded zucchini
- 1/3 c mini semisweet chocolate chips* divided
- Heat the oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, flour, brown sugar and Stevia.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and zucchini and stir until combined.
- Stir 1/4 c of the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into a muffin tin, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*Regular or cinnamon applesauce would work too
*You can also substitute regular-sized chocolate chips in for the mini’s; I use mini as they disperse better and there’s a chip in each bite!