This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see Disclosure Policy for details.
This Hot Pizza Dip appetizer is a crowd pleaser that combines all the flavors of your favorite pizza toppings into a creamy and gooey dip. A quick and easy dish to prepare, this hot pizza dip recipe is sure to become a family favorite!Jump to Recipe
Perfect for game day, parties, or any casual gathering, this recipe brings together layers of melted cheese, savory tomato sauce, and your favorite pizza toppings, all baked to perfection.
Whether you're a fan of pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, or any other classic pizza topping you can customize this dip to your liking. Served with crispy tortilla chips, baguette slices, breadsticks, or even fresh veggies, it's a mouthwatering snack that will disappear in no time.
This Hot Pizza Dip recipe has "game day" written all over it! It's got all the flavors of a slice of supreme pizza, but in dip form. Pizza fans, add this ultimate appetizer to your recipe box for your next party! It's flavorful, cheesy goodness and is impossible to resist!!
Ingredients Needed (Amounts in recipe card below)
- Cream Cheese- I like to use a brick-style cream cheese, you can use regular or the ⅓ less fat cream cheese.
- Sour Cream- Full fat or "light" is fine.
- Italian Sausage-Use mild or hot, depending on your spice preference!
- Bell Peppers-Green bell pepper, Red bell peppers, Orange bell peppers, maybe a little of everything. I like to cut them into smaller pieces so you can get a little bit in every bite.
- Pepperoni Slices-I prefer the mini pepperoni slices because they are the perfect scoopable size.
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Pizza Sauce-Use your favorite pizza sauce, whether that is boughten or homemade!
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese-I prefer to buy block cheese and shred it myself as it melts nicer than pre-shredded cheese.
What other topping can I use?
Something I love about this recipe is that you can change it to fit your pizza preferences. Don't like peppers? Skip them! Love mushrooms, or green onions... add them! Want extra cheese? More power to ya! Here's a list of some favorite toppings you could play around with!
- Black Olives
- Canadian Bacon
- Yellow, White or Red Onions
- Other Types of Cheese - cheese lovers add your favorite kinds of cheese! Pepper jack, mozzarella, cheddar, etc.
- Meat Lovers - Crumbled bacon, cooked hamburger, Canadian bacon, Italian sausage, etc.
What should I use to dip into the pizza dip?
My favorite thing to dip into the hot pizza dip is toasted baguette slices (crostini). However, for this hot pizza dip recipe options are endless!
- Pita Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Bagel Chips
- Toasted French Bread Slices
- Fresh Vegetables (carrots, celery, bell pepper strips)
How to make toasted French Bread slices
These crostini are my favorite "dippers" for my pizza dip! Cut a French baguette into ½ inch slices and lay them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Brush with melted butter or olive oil then sprinkle with garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Bake at 425 for 5-7 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
How should I store my Hot Pizza Dip?
Hot pizza dip is a favorite recipe and always a huge hit, so if cooking for a large crowd on game day, make a double batch. If you have any leftover party dip, store in an airtight container, or cover in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for up to five days.
To reheat this easy appetizer, pop it in the oven until warmed through the center, and enjoy again!