This dip has all the classic flavors of a slice of supreme pizza! Hot Pizza Dip has everything from sausage, pepperoni, pizza sauce and peppers, and is topped with a layer of ooey gooey melty cheese! Scoop it up with a toasted baguette and watch it disappear (quickly)!!Jump to Recipe
Football rivalries. I remember them in high school football, and now I experience them with college and NFL football teams.
When it comes to college football, Zach and I are both loyal (forever true!) Iowa State Cyclone fans. We were avid fans throughout college and continue to cheer for the cardinal and gold today.
However, when we talk about NFL football, Zach and I will definitely not be wearing the same colors. The Packers and the Vikings play on Sunday and we'll be rooting for the opposite teams. I'll be sporting my green and gold (Go Pack, Go!) and Zach will decked out in purple and yellow... At least we'll agree on the game day "grub"!
This Hot Pizza Dip has "game day" written all over it! It's got all the flavors of a slice of supreme pizza, but in dip form. It's flavorful, cheesy and impossible to resist!!
What other topping can I use?
Something I love about this recipe is that you can change it to fit your pizza preferences. Don't like peppers? Skip them! Love mushrooms, add them! Want extra cheese? More power to ya! Here's a list of some toppings you could play around with!
- Black olives
- Canadian bacon
- Diced onions
- Cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon
What should I use to dip into the pizza dip?
My favorite thing to dip into the hot pizza dip is toasted baguette slices (crostini). However, there are many more options! You could use crackers, pita chips, tortilla chips and even vegetables (carrots, celery, bell pepper strips)!
Other Delicious Dip Recipes
Hot Pizza Dip
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage cooked
- ½ cup diced bell peppers (green, red, yellow, or combo)
- ½ cup mini pepperoni slices
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups pizza sauce
- 1 ¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Additional ingredients for topping optional
- Grated Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes optional
- Toasted baguette slices*, pita chips or crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, cooked sausage crumbles, diced peppers, pepperoni, garlic and Italian seasoning until combined.
- Spread the mixture into a greased pie plate (or small rectangle pan).
- Spread the pizza sauce over the cream cheese mixture and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Top with additional pepperoni slices*, crumbled sausage, or whatever pizza toppings you desire! (*Don't get too wild on the pepperoni slices....too many will make the top look a bit greasy)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the outer edges are bubbly.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Serve warm with the toasted baguette slices, pita chips or crackers. Yum!
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut a baguette into ¼ inch slices and lay on a baking sheet lined with foil
- Brush olive oil (or vegetable oil) on both sides of each baguette slice
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until they're slightly golden brown
Added to the Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.