Just five ingredients make up this sweet & smooth Cherry Cheesecake Dip recipe! It's the perfect appetizer (or no-bake dessert!) for any occasion!Jump to Recipe
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dip
When I think about appetizers and finger food, I typically think of savory options.... Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels, Pickle Wrap Dip, etc. And it's no secret - I've got a huge sweet tooth!! This dip has a more fluffy texture than a traditional cheesecake, making it perfectly dippable!
This Cherry Cheesecake Dip is made with simple ingredients and always a huge hit for baby showers, bridal showers, holiday gatherings, an after school snack and everything in between!
- Cream Cheese - It's much easier to work with if it's room temperature or softened up a bit.
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice - Fresh or bottled lemon juice is fine.
- Whipped Topping - aka Cool Whip.
- Cherry Pie Filling - or change it up with other fruits!
How to Make Cherry Cheesecake Dip
This dip is a family favorite for many reasons, but I think the best part is how simple it is to make!
First, in a large bowl, you'll mix up the cream cheese really well so it's nice and smooth. I find it easiest to do with stand mixer or hand mixer.
Then, add the powdered sugar and lemon juice is added and mixed until smooth.
Next up, the Cool Whip is added and stirred into the cream cheese mixture. (You can also make your own whipped topping with heavy cream)
Spread the cheesecake mixture into the bottom of a pie pan or a shallow bowl.
Top with cherry pie filling (or you favorite fruit pie filling), cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Be sure to grab this easy cheesecake dip printable recipe below!
The options for "dippers" with this dip are endless!! Here are a few of my favorite dippers:
- Graham crackers (My favorite option as it feels like you're eating the creamy dip with a graham cracker crust!)
- Vanilla wafers
- Animal crackers
- Gingersnap cookies
Cheesecake Dip Variations
Strawberry Cheesecake Dip - Use strawberry pie filling on top instead of cherry. (Any fruity pie filling would work, really!)
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip - Skip the lemon juice and pie filling and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and ½ cup mini chocolate chips.
Funfetti Cheesecake Dip - Stir in ¼ cup sprinkles (jimmies are the best option as they don't bleed into the cheesecake as much as others) and skip the fruit pie filling.
Lightened-Up Cheesecake Dip - Use ⅓ less fat cream cheese, decrease the powdered sugar to ½ cup, use light Cool Whip and top with fresh fruit (fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) rather than pie filling.
Dessert Cups - Love the dip, but want to have it portioned out? Here's a fun twist. Scoop the cheesecake filling in small cups and top with the pie filling. Press a few dippers in with each cup right before serving!
How to Store Leftover Cheesecake Dip
Store leftovers in an airtight container. I don't recommend freezing this dip as the pie filling won't have the same texture after the freeze-thaw process.
Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping (half of an 8-ounce tub)
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla waters, or other dippers!
- Add the softened cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and lemon juice and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in the whipped topping and mix until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture into the bottom of a pie plate or shallow bowl.
- Spoon the pie filling over the cheesecake and carefully spread out to an even layer.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.