No Bake Peanut Butter Treats are soft, chewy bites sure to satisfy that sweet tooth! Just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes needed for these tasty treats!
These No Bake Peanut Butter Treats (aka Corn Flake Chewies) are my brother-in-law Garrett’s absolute favorite! And they’re SO so so simple.
Just before Garrett left home to get started with his journey in the U.S. Navy, we had a going away party for him. Being the baking fanatic I am, I thought it would be fun to make some decadent layer cakes or decorated cookies. Nope. He wanted these No Bake Peanut Butter Treats….so, that’s exactly what I made!!
I can’t blame him. These are incredible! They remind me a lot of my Best Ever Scotcheroos – soft, chewy, peanut buttery and oh so easy to make!!
Side note: To those of you who are part of (or have been) in any branch of the U.S. military, thank you. The unpredictability in when & where is tough. We miss Garrett being close by, but are SO proud of what he’s doing for us and for our country. Each and every day. Garrett – these “Corn Flake Chewies” are for you!
- Sugar – Plain ol’ white sugar
- Corn Syrup – Light or dark corn syrup will do. If you don’t have any corn syrup on hand, you can use honey instead. (Note: You will get a little bit of honey flavor in the final product)
- Peanut Butter – Creamy peanut butter. I do not recommend using any peanut butter with a runny texture (some “all-natural” peanut butters are runny) or peanut butter alternatives as it’ll significantly change the texture.
- Corn Flakes – These would work really well with Rice Krispies or Special K cereal, as well!
- Peanut Butter Candies – I love the added color and crunch of these candies. However, you could swap them out for M&M’s or skip them all-together.
How to store No Bake Peanut Butter Treats
Once these have set up, I usually remove them from the waxed paper and put them in an air-tight container and store them on the counter. However, if you want them extra chewy, you can keep them in the fridge.
These can also be frozen. Simply remove them from the freezer and let them come to room temperature before serving.
No-Bake Recipe Favorites
Reese’s Puffs Cereal Bars – Crunchy peanut butter cereal and smooth chocolate topping is a match made in snack-time heaven!
No Bake S’mores Bars – These No Bake S’mores Bars will remind you of a classic s’mores, but with a whole lot less mess!
Cookies and Cream Puppy Chow – a delicious twist on the classic combo – it’s sweet, crunchy and (in full-disclosure) ADDICTIVE!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
No Bake Peanut Butter Treats
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c corn syrup
- 1 1/4 c peanut butter
- 6 c corn flakes
- 1 c peanut butter candy (ie. Reeses Pieces) optional
- In a large saucepan, stir together the sugar and corn syrup.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until it starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in the corn flakes, being careful not to crush them too much.
- Lastly, stir in the peanut butter candy.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop treats onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Enjoy!