This One-Dish Ground Beef Casserole is enjoyed by even the pickiest of eaters. With few ingredients and very few dishes, it's a win-win for everyone!!Jump to Recipe
If you've been following Dance Around the Kitchen for awhile, you know I'm a sucker for one-dish skillet dinners. This time, I was going for something super simple and one that everyone (even the pickiest eaters!) would enjoy. And, I think we've got a winner with this one!
Growing up, our family ate lots of casseroles. They were hearty and kept the guys full of energy to work the rest of the day. Although us four kids really weren't too picky, seeing a casserole on the table made us all happy!
I'll eat about any kind of casserole, but I especially love one that's got egg noodles. Maybe that's because it reminds me of home....well it's probably because I love all things carb-y! 🙂 And this recipe is no exception - it's a delicious comfort food that I plan to make time and time again throughout the cool summer months!
Is this One-Dish Ground Beef Casserole really easy to make?
Heck yes, it is!! First off, let's talk about the ingredients. There are only 7 ingredients total, so it's simple to gather them without walking all over the grocery store looking for 25 items.
Next, you'll only have to wash ONE dish after making this meal (well, two if you're counting the spoon you'll use to stir it). The only thing you'll need a measuring cup for is the water and you can just let that air-dry after using. You could measure the cheese, but let's be honest, eye-balling the cheese wouldn't be a bad thing....is it even possible to over-do the cheese?!
Lastly, it's just easy to make! I tried to be as specific as possible in the full recipe below, but I really could've summed it up to this... 1. Brown ground beef, 2. Add seasonings and water and bring to a boil, 3. Stir in the noodles, 4. Let cook for 8 minutes, 5. Stir in cheese and serve. Easy, right?!
What ingredients do I need to make this casserole?
- Ground Beef: What's a casserole without a little protein?! Ground beef is inexpensive and something I always keep on hand!
- Brown Gravy Packet: This is used for a couple reasons. Most importantly, flavor! And second, it helps thicken the casserole, giving it a little creaminess.
- Ranch Packet: Flavor!! Ranch packets just seem to make everything taste better, amiright?!
- Italian Dressing Packet: Once again, flavor!!
- Egg Noodles: In my opinion, a casserole isn't a casserole without some sort of carb. Egg noodles work perfectly in this dish!
- Water: Gotta cook them noodles somehow!
- Cheddar Cheese: The cheese adds some creaminess to the dish and helps soak up any additional moisture.
How should I store leftover One-Dish Ground Beef Casserole?
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, put them into a shallow container and let cool for 30 minutes on the counter. Then place the lid on the container and refrigerate until you're ready to devour the rest!
What should I serve with this meal?
I like to serve this casserole with some sort of green vegetables - a dark leafy green salad, green beans, sugar snap peas, etc! You could also serve it with a side of cut-up fresh fruit like pineapple, berries or peaches.
Some of my other favorite skillet dinners are...
Creamy Mushroom Pasta - This Creamy Mushroom Pasta combines mushrooms, dry white wine, and Parmesan cheese with linguine for a light and flavorful meal! And the best part? This one dish meal is super quick and has very little clean-up!
Pizza Pasta Skillet - This Pizza Pasta Skillet is easy and takes only 30 minutes, making it perfect for any weeknight meal! Just like a pizza, you can choose to add all the toppings or keep it simple with cheese and pepperoni. This skillet dinner will have even the pickiest of eaters coming back for more!
Creamy Red Pepper Pasta Skillet - This Creamy Red Pepper Pasta Skillet is so easy and perfect for a quick weeknight meal. A jar of roasted red peppers brings a great depth of flavor and the cream cheese balances the flavor and gives it a creamy texture. Oh – and this recipe earns extra credit for being made in one skillet!
Taco Pasta Skillet - This Easy Taco Pasta Skillet is perfect for a quick weeknight meal – it’s beefy, cheesy, and full of Tex-Mex flavors. Best thing about it?? Clean up will be quick too, because it’s all done in one pan. Can I get an “amen?!”
One-Dish Ground Beef Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 0.87 oz packet brown gravy mix
- 1 1 oz packet ranch dip mix
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 7 c water
- 12 oz uncooked egg noodles
- ½ c cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until brown. Drain the grease.
- To the skillet with ground beef, add the brown gravy packet, ranch packet, Italian packet and the water. Be careful as the seasonings sometime cause the mixture to bubble up quickly. Continue to stir and it shouldn't be an issue. Turn the burner on high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the egg noodles.
- Cook for 8 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Most of the water should be soaked up by the noodles.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and serve.
Recipe added to the Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.