These crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes are seriously incredible! With just a few simple ingredients, they're an easy and delicious side dish or game day appetizer!Jump to Recipe
Ok, potato lovers, this recipe is for YOU! When it comes to side dishes, potatoes feel like a staple. Whether it's steak with oven-roasted potatoes or a burger with French fries, there's no wrong way to prepare a potato.
However, these incredibly crispy parmesan potatoes that went viral on social media a few years ago are a stand-out!!! There's something about the golden crust that brings so much flavor and texture, it'll make you want to bake these little morsels again and again!!
- Small Potatoes - Any small baby potatoes will work (Yukon gold potatoes, baby red potatoes, etc). I use "The Little Potato Company's" fresh baby yellow potatoes - they're the perfect size!
- Oil - You can use vegetable oil, olive oil or melted butter.
- Parmesan Cheese - I use the stuff in the plastic containers in the pizza section of the grocery store. You can also use fresh parmesan, but it needs to be grated (not shredded).
- Seasonings - Black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, dried or fresh parsley and sea salt.
- Dip - Though optional, these are so delicious served with sour cream or ranch dressing.
How to Make Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
This potato recipe is really simple, but there are a couple key steps to make sure you get crispy potatoes each and every time.
First, you'll mix up the parmesan with a few seasonings. Feel free to add other seasonings that you love such as Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
Pour the oil into the bottom of the dish and spread it out with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the parmesan in an even layer and do NOT stir!
Next, you'll press the cut side of each potato into the parmesan mixture. The potatoes can be touching, but make sure to keep just a single layer of potatoes so they each get their fair share of the parmesan cheese mixture!
Then you'll give the rounded tops of the potatoes a mist of cooking spray. If you don't have cooking spray, you can brush them with a tablespoon of melted butter or oil instead.
Then, sprinkle with flaky sea salt and cook in a preheated oven until the parmesan mixture is golden brown and bubbly!
Can I Make these with Russet Potatoes?
Yes, but with a couple changes. Cut potatoes into wedges (rather than in half) then press one flat side of the potato wedge into the parmesan mixture. Depending on the thickness of the potato wedges, the cook time might be a little shorter or longer.
How Should I Store Leftover Parmesan Crusted Potatoes?
Let the potatoes cool completely then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
How Do I Reheat Leftovers?
Since the crispy crust is really the star of these potatoes, I recommend reheating these in the air fryer (flat side up). You can also reheat them in the oven.