This one dish Chicken Macaroni Casserole is super creamy, cheesy and comforting. It's a simple weeknight meal your whole family will LOVE!Jump to Recipe
I'd like to say my kids aren't picky eaters, but let's be honest, they've all got their days. And sometimes after a long day of work, I just want to put something on their plates I know they'll love! This creamy Chicken Macaroni Casserole is a go-to recipe I can always count on!
Not only is this meal a hit with our family, it's also super easy to make and only dirties one dish. And again, after a long day, who wants to mess with a giant pile of dishes?! Not me! So, grab a casserole dish and let's get this simple meal into the oven!
Ingredients for Chicken Macaroni Casserole
- Macaroni Noodles - You'll use them dry so do NOT cook them ahead of time! (That's part of the beauty and simplicity of this recipe!)
- Chicken - You can use diced leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded chicken, cooked and diced baked or grilled chicken, canned chicken (drained), etc. Use whatever you've got handy!
- Cream of Chicken AND Cream of Mushroom Soup - You'll use these as is (condensed); do not dilute them.
- Milk - The higher fat percentage, the creamier the casserole will be. I like to use 2% milk, but any will work!
- Minced Onion
- Velveeta Cheese - You can use shredded cheddar cheese, but I just love the creaminess of a processed cheese, like Velveeta.
How to Make Chicken Macaroni Casserole
When I say this recipe is easy, I'm talking SUPER easy. First, you'll preheat the oven and spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
Next, you'll add all the ingredients to the dish and give it a good stir.
Cover the pan with foil and bake. You'll bake for 30 minutes, give it a stir, put the foil back on and let bake another 30 minutes. The cheese should all be melted and the noodles will be soft.
What to serve with this One Dish Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Don't want to mess with creating more dirty dishes? Simply add 1-2 cups of peas into the casserole before baking. Then you've got a full meal all in one!
If you want to keep the veggies out, there are many great options for side dishes. Steam a bag of peas or broccoli, make a simple side salad (with my favorite balsamic vinaigrette!) or mix together a bowl of fresh fruit!
Can I make this Macaroni Casserole ahead of time?
Yes! You can mix up the ingredients and have it ready to go in the baking dish one day before baking. Simply cover it with foil, refrigerate overnight and bake the next day!
Other Easy One Dish Meals
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Chicken Macaroni Casserole
- 2 cups dry macaroni noodles
- 2 cups cooked diced or shredded chicken
- One 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- One 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13" casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients into the prepared dish and stir them together.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes (or until noodles are soft), stirring once halfway through.
- For the chicken, you can use canned chicken (drained), leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded chicken, cooked and diced chicken, etc. Whatever you've got handy!
- You can make this the night before and refrigerate until you're ready to bake.
- Add 1-2 cups of peas to add some veggies and make it an all-in-one meal!