One Pot Spaghetti turns the classic into a weeknight favorite, thanks to fewer dishes, less time and more flavor!!Jump to Recipe
It’s a busy weeknight and you’re scrambling to get a meal on the table for your family. You grab a jar of pasta sauce and some spaghetti and get a pot filled up with water to boil.
Ok, let’s stop there, because I’ve got a little secret to fill you in on. You don’t need to boil the pasta separately from the sauce. Yeah, you heard that right, no waiting for water to boil!
In fact, I actually prefer this method of making pasta. Why? Because instead of cooking the pasta in water (boring & flavorless), you cook it in the sauce, which allows the pasta to soak up all the yummy Italian flavors of the sauce! Just give it a try and you’ll taste the difference!!!
- Ground Beef - Or Italian sausage, ground pork or ground turkey
- Beef Broth - If you don't have any broth, water will work fine
- Marinara Sauce - Use your favorite marinara sauce
- Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano - I like the extra flavor from the basil, garlic and oregano, but regular diced tomatoes will work great as well
- Garlic Powder
- Spaghetti - I use regular spaghetti noodles, but you could use other pasta shapes, too, however it might affect the cook time
How to make One Pot Spaghetti
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet.
- Add the broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the dry pasta and cook until the liquid has been mostly absorbed and the noodles are soft.
What to Serve with Spaghetti
There's nothing better than a warm piece of homemade garlic bread with a plate of spaghetti!! I also like to have a side of a leafy green salad with balsamic or Italian dressing.
Amp up the Flavor!
- Skip the ground beef and add frozen meatballs instead! (Simply add the meatballs when you add the pasta, bring it all to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally)
- Add more veggies! Diced onions, sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
- Top with cheese! If you’re a cheese-lover, sprinkle ¼ c parmesan cheese and 1 c shredded mozzarella on top when the pasta is done.
- Turn up the heat! Stir in ½ - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes….taste it and add more if desired.
Other One Pot Pastas
Looking for more one-pot meals?? I don’t blame you – our family could live off these alone!!
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Mexican Mac & Cheese
Ground Beef Casserole
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
One Pot Spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ½ c beef broth
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz spaghetti
- grated parmesan, red pepper flakes, fresh basil for topping optional
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked; drain.
- Add the broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes and garlic powder; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the spaghetti.
- Let boil, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the sauce is thick.
- Top with grated parmesan, red pepper flakes and basil, if desired.
Jan R Casal says
This is one of my favorite meals to make! I also love to start with chopped onions carrots celery and minced garlic and omit hamburger. I add whatever veggies I have and fresh basil. Comes out yummy everytime ! Thank-you for your inspiration !
You're SO welcome, Jan!! Thank you for the review - it helps my small business more than you know! <3
Cassondra Armstrong says
This is delicious and so easy! I will never go back to to regular way of making spaghetti again! Thank you!
It's a game-changer, isn't it?! Thanks for the review, Cassondra!
Total game changer
One pot deliciousness
So happy to hear!!! And agree - there's no going back now! 🙂 -Kelsey