Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake is a moist chocolate cake with a smooth peanut butter filling soaked into the holes and topped with a light, flavored whipped topping. Peanut butter cups and a drizzle of fudge make this cake nearly impossible to pass up!Jump to Recipe
If you’ve never had a poke cake, you’re missing out!!! I love a good poke cake – Jell-O Poke Cake, Hot Chocolate Poke Cake, Berry Cheesecake Poke Cake….the flavor combos are truly endless. But when I got a hankerin’ for something with chocolate and peanut butter, this is what I dreamed up. And boy, am I glad I did!!!
Moist chocolate cake, a smooth peanut butter filling, flavored whipped topping and peanut butter cups to top it off. It’s gorgeous. And rich. And just freakin’ delish.
What ingredients do I need?
- Devils Food Cake Mix (+ eggs, oil and water listed on the box) OR my Homemade Chocolate Cake recipe ingredients
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Whipped Topping
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Additional Peanut Butter and Fudge Topping, optional
How do you make Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake?
First, you’ll make the chocolate cake. You can use a boxed cake mix or use my Homemade Chocolate Cake and bake it in a 9×13″ pan. Boxed mix is a little quicker, but I love the moistness and deep chocolate flavor of the homemade version!
While the cake is baking, you can stir together the sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, you’ll poke holes in the cake and slowly pour this mixture overtop.
Once the cake has had some time to cool (at least to room temperature), mix the whipped topping and remaining peanut butter. Then spread it over the cake and top with chopped peanut butter cups, peanut butter and fudge sauce!
Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and serve!! Mmmmm it’s SO SO SO good!!!
How do you store leftover poke cake?
Poke cakes do need to be refrigerated, due to the whipped topping. Therefore, be sure to cover the cake with a lid or plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
Some of my other favorite recipes with chocolate and peanut butter…
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- 1 box devil's food cake mix and ingredients to prepare (listed on package) OR my homemade chocolate cake
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c creamy peanut butter divided
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping
- peanut butter cups, additional peanut butter and fudge topping for garnish
- Bake cake mix according to the package instructions in a 9×13" pan. (OR make my Homemade Chocolate Cake baked in a 9×13" pan.
- While the cake is still hot, poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Pour over the cake slowly, allowing the mixture to soak into the holes; let cool.
- Stir together the whipped topping and remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter and spread over the cooled cake.
- Top with additional peanut butter, fudge sauce and peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.