These Chocolate Strawberry Kabobs are loaded with heart-shaped brownies and strawberries, then drizzled with chocolate and topped with sprinkles!Jump to Recipe
Growing up, I like Valentine's Day for two reasons. First and foremost, I LOVED the craftiness of making a Valentine's Day box and coloring Valentine's cards. And second, the chocolate!! My sweet tooth has been getting the best of me for years and years! 😉
And now with two little girls at home, Valentine's Day feels just that much more exciting again. You can bet we'll be cutting out pink and red hearts, making homemade Valentine's and making some festive treats, like these Chocolate Strawberry Kabobs!
- Strawberries - Ideally, you want strawberries that are small to medium-sized (those huge strawberries you see sometimes wouldn't work as well)
- Brownies - Use store-bought, a prepared brownie mix, or homemade brownies; just make sure you are using a recipe for a chewy brownie rather than a cakey brownie (cakey brownies won't stay on the kabob as well)
- Chocolate Chips - You can use semi-sweet, milk, dark or white chips; whatever kind you'd like drizzled on top!
- Sprinkles - These are totally optional, but add a little extra cheer!
How to Cut a Heart-Shaped Strawberry
Cutting a strawberry into a heart is a super simple way to bring a little extra "love" to any dessert. The strawberries on these kabobs don't have to be cut into hearts, but I think they're perfect for Valentine's Day (or an anniversary!) if you've got a little extra time.
- Clean your strawberries.
- Slice the stem off.
- Cut the strawberry in half.
- Cut a "V" out of the top of the strawberry to form a heart.
How to Make the Kabobs
First, you'll prep the strawberries and brownies. For the brownies, you'll simply use a small heart cookie cutter to get your little hearts ready. Then, you'll string a few strawberries and brownies onto the skewer.
Then, you'll drizzle some chocolate, add a few sprinkles and let them cool. Once the chocolate hardens, you can pull them off the waxed paper and serve!
Other Valentine's Day Treats
Cinnamon Popcorn - This flavor-packed popcorn is crunchy, sweet and wonderfully vibrant!
RumChata Cheesecake Shooters – I think these are the perfect little sweet ending to a Valentine’s Day meal!
Sugar Cookie Cups - These are fun, popable little treats perfect for your special Valentine!
Berry Cheesecake Poke Cake – This cake is a great dessert for any day, especially Valentine's Day!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey