This flavor-packed Cinnamon Popcorn is crunchy, sweet and wonderfully vibrant!Jump to Recipe
I'm SO lucky to have two of the best grandmas - they're loving, strong and independent and have been two of my biggest cheerleaders in all that I do. They're also two of the BEST cooks in the entire universe.
The recipe I'm sharing today comes from my mom's mom, Grandma Virginia. She makes the best ice cream cake rolls, dinner rolls, mashed taters and really, anything sweet. This Cinnamon Popcorn is a fun snack for Valentine's Day, bake sales, gifts and everything in between.
Popped Popcorn - You can use the large pre-popped bags of plain popcorn or pop your own.
Butter - You could also use margarine.
Corn Syrup - I prefer to use light corn syrup as it keeps the color nice and vibrant, however dark corn syrup would work, too.
Red Hot Candies - Like these. (Don't have to be that exact brand)
How to Make Cinnamon Popcorn
- Pop your popcorn, measure it and place it in a very large mixing bowl. 7 quarts of popcorn is equivalent to 28 cups.
- In a saucepan, add the remaining ingredients (butter, corn syrup and red hot candies). Stir and cook until boiling; boil for 5 minutes. I like to use a whisk to make sure the candies get completely melted and incorporated.
- Pour over the popcorn and stir well.
- Spread the coated popcorn onto two greased baking sheets and bake at 250F.
- Stir the popcorn while it's baking, about every 15 minutes. This will ensure that it bakes evenly and that the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Let the popcorn cool, stirring occasionally. Once completely cool, store in air-tight containers or resealable baggies.
Homemade Valentine's Day Treats
This snack screams Valentine's Day to me! Therefore, I thought I'd put some in baggies and add a fun little note. Here are a few different ideas of what you could write.... (see example below!)
- You make my heart "pop!"
- Just "poppin" by to say Happy Valentine's Day!
- Hope your Valentine's Day is "poppin" with fun!
- I wanted to "pop" the question: Will you be mine?
- "Poppin" over with a treat for Valentine's Day!
Ok, so they're a little corny....or shall I say "pop-corny?!" haha!!
Other Valentine's Day treat ideas
Strawberry Pancakes - What better way to get the day of love started than these pretty pink pancakes?!
RumChata Cheesecake Shooters - I think these are the perfect little sweet ending to an incredible Valentine's Day meal!
Berry Cheesecake Poke Cake - Just take a look at this yummy cake! It's so pretty and absolutely delicious!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- 7 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 c butter
- ½ c corn syrup
- 1 - 10 oz bag red hot candies
- In a saucepan, stir together the butter, corn syrup and red hot candies; let boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix well.
- Place on two greased baking sheets and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir a few times while it's cooling, so it doesn't stick together.
- Store in an air-tight container.