Hey there! Who’s loving this balmy weather?! I mean, after a week of the Polar Vortex, we considered busting out the swimsuits! Ok, maybe not quite, but man does it feel good. I was hoping to get this post out a little sooner, but what can I say…..we were enjoying the fresh air and having fun with bubbles!
I realize this post is very last minute for Super Bowl Sunday, but I promise it’s super easy and has just THREE ingredients! (So yes, you can go through the express lane at Hy-Vee, even if you need to add a case of beer;)) Enjoy the warm weather, friends, football and FOOD tomorrow!! ~Kelsey
Game Day Skewers
This is the winning recipe for game day.....with just 3 ingredients, it's easy to make and super easy to enjoy!
-1 (26 oz) bag of 1/2-oz meatballs, thawed
-10 strips thick sliced bacon
-1 c barbeque sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Soak wooden skewers.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
3. Build the skewer – start with the bacon, then alternate with a meatball, bacon, meatball, etc., until there are 5 meatballs on the skewer. (See photo above)
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Flip the skewers and brush barbeque sauce on the skewers.
6. Bake 5 minutes.
7. Flip the skewers and brush with barbeque sauce so there is sauce on all sides of the meatballs.
8. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!
-You’ll probably want to make a couple batches of these….they’re just that good!
-Use any kind of barbeque sauce you like. We are big-time Sweet Baby Ray fans, but any kind will do!
-If you want smaller bite-size appetizers (rather than a full skewer), simply wrap a meatball with 1/2 slice of bacon, secure with a toothpick and bake that way. Remove the toothpick before serving.