Crunchy fried chicken and buttery maple waffles come together for a bite-sized appetizer everyone will love!Jump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by CHEF’S CRAFT® Gourmet,
but all opinions and text are my own!
I’m so excited to share this easy appetizer recipe with you today! Though bite-sized, it’s packed with tons of flavor and texture and is served on a mini skewer (aren’t they cute?!). Whether you need a simple appetizer for a dinner party, a holiday gathering or the big game, this one is sure to be a fan fave!
I’ve teamed up with CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken for this recipe, because they make delicious little breaded chicken breast chunks that are perfect for recipes like this one. And the chicken is GOOD.
I think we can all agree that chicken nuggets aren’t all created equal (sometimes I wonder if they’re really chicken, ha!). But CHEF’S CRAFT® makes such a delicious nugget with high quality meat and a well-seasoned breading. Seriously, give them a try!
Also, their flame grilled chicken breast fillets and grilled chicken breast chunks are perfect for adding family-favorite chicken dishes you’ve got stashed away in your recipe box.
Find fully-cooked CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken in the frozen section at Walmart throughout the country and at Food Lion in the Southeast. Use this handy store locator to find all three CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken products at a store near you! Visit ChefsCraftGourmet.com to get more information on the chicken products and find delicious recipe ideas.
Chicken and Waffle Skewers Ingredients
- Chicken: I love to use the CHEF’S CRAFT® Grilled Chicken Breast Chunks, simply because of the ease of prep and the excellent flavor. However, you could dice up leftover grilled chicken or use shredded rotisserie chicken, too.
- Waffles: Frozen waffles make this recipe SO simple! I used the Eggo brand Homestyle waffles.
- Salted Butter: This will be mixed with the syrup and brushed over the waffles before baking. Makes for such a delicious glaze!
- Maple Syrup: You’ll use maple syrup for the glaze and additional maple syrup for drizzling the finished skewers.
VIDEO: How to Make Easy Chicken and Waffle Appetizers
Is Chicken and Waffles good together?
If you’ve never tried it, maybe it sounds like an odd combination. But don’t knock it ‘til you try it! This food combo’s origin isn’t exactly clear. Some say it was started in eastern Pennsylvania and others are certain it’s a food that originated in the south. Either way, you’re gonna wanna give it a try!
I love chicken and waffles together, because there’s a wide variety of textures and flavors. For texture, you’ve got the crunchy chicken, chewy waffles and warm smooth syrup drizzled on top. And for flavor, you get the savory fried chicken batter and the sweetness from the maple syrup. And the best part of this recipe is that it’s all served up in a bite-sized skewer, perfect for an easy appetizer!
Can you make Chicken and Waffles gluten-free?
Yes! And it’s easier than you think, because CHEF’S CRAFT® breaded chicken is actually gluten-free. And gluten-free frozen waffles are pretty easy to come by as well. Vans makes a great frozen GF waffle and there are many other options out there on the market to easily switch this recipe to be completely free of gluten.
Other Favorite Recipes using CHEF’S CRAFT® Chicken
No Peek Chicken & Rice: This casserole is as simple as dump, mix and bake! It’s a super easy dinner recipe the whole family will love!
Creamy Chicken Taco Soup: A soup that requires very little prep work, yet results in a hearty, super flavorful meal! And the best part of all, it takes just 30 minutes from start to finish!
Chicken Nugget Casserole: This easy casserole combines two kid-favorite meals into one! With pasta and red sauce on the bottom and a layer of chicken nuggets on top, it’s sure to be a hit!
Other Popular Appetizers
Mini Pretzel Dogs - Chewy pretzels wrapped around little smokies are the perfect game-day treat!
Game Day Skewers - These meaty skewers are hearty, flavorful and delicious!
Healthier Stuffed Mushrooms - These are a lighter version of a classic stuffed meatball. Lower in calories, but full on flavor!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Chicken and Waffle Skewers
- One 16 oz bag CHEF’S CRAFT® Gourmet Breaded Chicken Breast Chunks*
- 4 frozen homestyle waffles
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- additional maple syrup for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the breaded chicken breast chunks out on the pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, cut each waffle into 9 pieces; set aside.
- In a small dish, add the salted butter and maple syrup. Microwave for 10-20 seconds or until the butter is melted; set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and use a spatula to move the chicken to one side of the pan.
- Spread the cut waffles out on the other side of the pan and brush them with the butter/syrup mixture.
- Bake an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the waffles are a light golden brown.
- Thread one piece of breaded chicken and one waffle piece onto each skewer and place on a serving tray.
- Serve with warmed maple syrup, if desired.
Nice ideas, It looks super easy and save times. Thank you for your sharing!