Grasshopper Pie is a no-bake dessert comes together quickly with just 4 ingredients. Its minty filling is the perfect compliment to the crunchy cookie crust!Jump to Recipe
If you love grasshopper drinks as much as I do, you're sure to love these two recipe: my Mint Chocolate Cupcakes and this Grasshopper pie.
Then again, what's not to love.....mint, chocolate, creamy, crunchy....this pie is the whole package! And best of all, it's SUPER easy to make.
Grasshopper Pie is a great dessert option for several holidays:
St Patrick's Day - The color says it all!
Easter - This pastel green is lovely served at Easter, too!
Christmas - It's a nice light and creamy way to finish off a heavy meal!
Summer - Ok, maybe not a holiday, but any frozen dessert is extra delicious on hot summer days!
- Mini Marshmallows - Regular sized marshmallows will do too, as long as it's a 10 oz bag (I use mini marshmallows as they tend to melt a little quicker)
- Creme De Menthe - If you prefer to have no alcohol in this pie, you can use 2 tablespoon water + ½ teaspoon mint extract + green food coloring instead.
- Whipped Topping - You can use regular or extra creamy; either way, just make sure it's thawed out
- Oreo Cookie Crust - Premade or a homemade cookie crust will work great!
How do you make a Grasshopper Pie?
I love that this recipe can be made in the microwave! Follow the photos below for a step-by-step visual.
Can a Grasshopper Pie be made without alcohol?
Yes! Simply replace the creme de menthe with the following mixture: 2 tablespoon water + ½ teaspoon mint extract + a couple drops of green food coloring. Add additional mint extract to taste.
Garnishing a Grasshopper Pie
Grasshopper Pie has the most beautiful color and really doesn't need much garnish. I personally love the pie with a few extra Oreo cookie crumbs sprinkled on top. However, a little chocolate drizzle never hurt a thing.... and makes it just that much more attractive!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- 1 10 oz pkg mini marshmallows
- ¼ c creme de menthe
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping
- 1 prepared Oreo cookie crust
- Place marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Whisk in the creme de menthe.
- Fold in the whipped topping and pour into the prepared cookie crust.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with chocolate syrup, if desired.