Lasagna Casserole is sure to become a quick family favorite. It's flavorful, cheesy, meaty and filling!Jump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by AE Dairy,
but all opinions and text are my own!
There are some days I really, really wish I lived somewhere with milder winter temps. Like perhaps on the southern coastline where I could sit on the beach instead of plowing through the snow. Ahh that sounds SO nice right about now.
But I know I'd miss the snow. I've always said "if it's going to be cold, give me snow!" When my siblings and I were young, we took advantage of just about every snowflake that hit the ground. We'd dig through the snow to make tunnels, build huge forts, giant snowmen and one of our most memorable, the St Louis arch.
We'd complain when it was time to come in for the night, but quickly forget about the snow when we'd smell Mom's food on the table. Comfort food is always good, but cold nights and casseroles, like the Lasagna Casserole I'm sharing today, will forever be the perfect match.
Good Food & Great Company
We all know that good food is best shared with great company. And not only shared with great company, but made with ingredients from the best companies. One of my favorite companies here in Iowa is AE Dairy. I'm not really one to pick favorites, but hear me out...
- First off, their products are some of the BEST dairy products out there. Don't believe me? Grab a container of their 4% small curd cottage cheese....heavenly!!!
- They care about the community, making weekly donations at the Food Bank of Iowa, supporting local schools and volunteering for various organizations around the state.
- They support family farms in Iowa. Being on a family farm and raising my kiddos on a family farm, I know how important it is to have businesses that support us and appreciate what we do!
- Egg Noodles - Wide or extra-wide noodles will work great
- Vegetable Oil
- Minced Garlic - I like to buy the jarred minced garlic (one less thing to chop!)
- Yellow Onion - If you don't like onion, you can skip it (or just use 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- Ground Beef - Ground Italian Sausage would be really good in this, too!
- Marinara Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Cottage Cheese - AE Dairy 4% Small Curd is my FAVORITE!
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese - I like buying an 8 oz brick and shredding it myself, but pre-shredded cheese works great, too
VIDEO: How to Make Lasagna Casserole
What to Serve with Lasagna Casserole
I like to serve this casserole with breadsticks and a crisp leafy green salad. And if you know me, there's probably going to be a dessert, too! 😉 Chocolate Cobbler would be a warm dessert that would be the perfect end to this comforting meal.
Make it a Freezer Meal
What's not to love about a meal that's in the freezer and ready for the next time you've got a busy day?! This casserole works great as a freezer meal. Double the recipe when you make it so you have one for tonight and one for the freezer!
To freeze this meal, simply cover with aluminum foil and pop into the freezer rather than the oven. Once you're ready to enjoy, let it thaw out in the refrigerator overnight and bake for 45 minutes with the foil and an additional 10 without.
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- 1 12 oz bag egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano drained
- 3 c cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- ⅓ c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- parsley for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Stir in the marinara and diced tomatoes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cottage cheese, egg, grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Stir in the egg noodles.
- Spread half of the noodle mixture into the pan and top with half of the sauce; repeat.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes with the foil and an additional 5 minutes without.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Jessica Benson says
Simple and delicious! Thank you! A family favorite (:
So happy to hear, Jessica!! Thanks for sharing & rating this recipe - it helps my small business more than you know!!! 🙂
Instant favorite. Takes the fuss out of lasagna!
I made the lasagna casserole and put it in the freezer as you suggested. The night before I wanted to serve, I took it out of the freezer and placed in the refrigerator. It stayed in the refrigerator overnight and the entire next day. When I went to bake it for our evening meal it was still frozen. Any thoughts?