This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see Disclosure Policy for details.
These no-bake Lemon Rice Krispie Treats are a little bit sweet, a little bit tart and bursting with lots of lemon flavor! It's a rice krispie treat variation you'll want to make again and again!Jump to Recipe
Ohhhh have I got a treat for you today - a Rice Krispie treat, that is! This fun Rice Krispie Treat variation is perfect for warm spring and summer days. And who doesn't love a no bake dessert that goes from start to finish in just 15 minutes?!
- Crisp Rice Cereal
- Mini Marshmallows (regular sized marshmallows will work too - just make sure it's also 10 oz)
- Salted Butter
- Powdered Lemonade Mix (such as this one)
- Zest of One Lemon (I use a fine grater, like this one)
- White Chocolate and Sprinkles, for garnish, optional
How to Make Lemon Rice Krispie Treats
I like making Rice Krispie treats in the microwave rather than on the stovetop, but you could really do either. First, you'll melt together the marshmallows and butter and stir until smooth. Then, add the lemonade powder and lemon zest and mix well.
Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir until well-combined. Press into a greased square pan (which I find easiest to do with a greased sheet of waxed paper!). Then drizzle with melted white chocolate and top with sprinkles! Let cool for a couple hours to set up.....or if you're impatient like me, pop them in the fridge for 15 minutes, cut into squares and enjoy!
Store the rice krispie treats at room temperature.
For those who love No-Bake Treats!
- No Bake S'mores Bars will always be among my favorites!! They're chocolatey, crunchy, chewy and simply delicious!
- No Bake Peanut Butter Treats are a simple, peanut buttery, bite-size treat that people of all ages enjoy!
- These Reese's Puffs Cereal Bars are a fun twist on another favorite of mine - Scotcheroos! They're both full of peanut butter and topped with chocolate, just different types of cereal!
Lemon Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 c crisp rice cereal
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows about 5 ½ cups
- ¼ c salted butter
- ⅓ c lemonade powder (such as Countrytime Lemonade)
- Zest of one lemon
- White chocolate and sprinkles for garnish optional
- Add the cereal to a large bowl and set aside.
- In another large, microwave-safe bowl, add the marshmallows and butter.
- Microwave on high for one minute and stir until the butter is melted.
- Stir in the lemonade powder and lemon zest.
- Pour over the cereal and stir to coat.
- Press into a greased square pan (8x8 or 9x9" will work).
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate and top with yellow sprinkles, if desired.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Leave a Reply