This rhubarb dessert is as easy as it gets! With tart rhubarb, strawberry Jell-O, cake mix topping and a drizzle of butter, this Rhubarb Dump Cake is sure to be a hit!Jump to Recipe
Yep, that’s right…..yet ANOTHER rhubarb recipe. I just can’t stop….but for good reason! I LOVE rhubarb and this is a recipe my mom made all the time when I was a little tyke and when rhubarb was in season.
Though I have lots of rhubarb recipes on the blog, this one has to be the easiest. I mean, can it get easier than opening packages, dumping it into a pan and baking?! I think not. Give this one a try and let me know what you think! 🙂
- Diced Rhubarb – Fresh or frozen will work!
- Jell-O – Any red gelatin works well. I typically use strawberry, but you could also use cherry or raspberry!
- Cake Mix – Yellow cake mix is my favorite! White cake mix would also work great.
- Butter – I highly recommend using salted butter in this recipe!
How to Make a Dump Cake
I don’t love the name “Dump Cake”….I just feel like it doesn’t do this stuff justice! But it does help explain how darned easy this recipe is. It requires NO stirring at all – just dump and bake! Check out the step-by-step photos below:
How to Serve Rhubarb Dump Cake
To serve rhubarb dump cake, I recommend serving it warm. However, it’s still absolutely delicious once it’s cooled off and even when it’s refrigerated. And as an ice-cream fanatic, I totally recommend serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream….Team #ALaMode all the way! 🙂
Does a Dump Cake Need to be Refrigerated?
Yes. Simply cover with plastic wrap or a tight-fitting lid and keep in the refrigerator for up to five days. Enjoy cold or toss it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it back up!
My other Favorite Rhubarb Recipes
If you haven’t tried my Rhubarb Muffins yet, you 100% absolutely NEED to. They’re always a hit – so moist and fluffy and finished with a cinnamon sugar topping!
Have you ever had a Rhubarb Cookie? If not, you’re missing out! These soft cookies have tons of rhubarb and a smooth cream cheese frosting!
You just can’t go wrong with a solid Rhubarb Crisp. The tart filling, buttery crumble topping….so dreamy!
And who doesn’t love an easy & flavorful freezer jam?! Say hello to your (soon-to-be) new favorite – this Rhubarb Berry Jam!
Rhubarb Dump Cake
- 4 c diced rhubarb
- 1 3 oz pkg strawberry gelatin or other red gelatin
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c salted butter melted
- 1 2/3 c cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13" baking dish.
- Layer the ingredients into the pan in the following order: rhubarb, gelatin, sugar, cake mix, melted butter, water.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 15-30 minutes to set up a bit.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.