These Mini Pretzel Dogs are the perfect for game day appetizers, after school snacks and quick 'n easy lunches!Jump to Recipe
I always look forward to Super Bowl Sunday. And I'll admit, I'm usually much more interested in the commercials and the food than the game. Then again, anytime it's not frowned upon to have appetizers and snack-food for supper, I'm down!
These mini pretzel dogs are perfect for game day. It's like being at the game and getting a big 'ol pretzel dog, but in mini form! They're easy to make, have few ingredients and everyone will love them - kids and adults alike!
- Refrigerated Pizza Crust
- Little Smokies
- Baking Soda
- Egg Yolk
- Coarse Salt
How to make Mini Pretzel Dogs
- Unroll the crust.
- Cut the crust into 40 strips (see photo below).
- Roll the each of the little smokies up in a piece of dough.
- Make the water + baking soda mixture and dip each of the mini pretzel dogs into the water. Let excess water drip off and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg wash ingredients together and brush over each of the dough wrapped smokies.
- Sprinkle coarse salt on the egg wash and bake until golden brown.
What to dip Mini Pretzel Dogs in?
I'm a ketchup and mustard girl. However, if you want to get a little more creative, a Spicy Nacho Cheese Sauce or a Chili Cheese Dip would make these more like Chili Cheese Pretzel Dogs!! You just can't go wrong!
Game Day Appetizers
Like I said before, good food makes any game day better! I always like to have a few savory options like meatballs and Pizza Dip, but also love having something to satisfy my sweet tooth. Puppy Chow and Scotcheroos are two of my go-to easy sweet recipes for game day!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Mini Pretzel Dogs
- 1 10-oz pkg refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 14-oz pkg little smokies package contains about 40 sausages
- 2 c water
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza crust and cut into 4 rows and 10 columns, creating 40 little strips of dough.
- Roll each little smokie in a piece of dough and place it on the parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and baking soda.
- Dip each pretzel in the water mixture and place it back on the baking sheet, making sure the seam (where the dough comes together) is down.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water to create the egg wash.
- Brush egg wash over each pretzel dog and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ketchup.