Oreo cookies, ice cream and milk are blended together to make this super easy Oreo Milkshake! Top with whipped topping and additional cookie crumbs for a delicious treat!Jump to Recipe
I don't care what time of year it is or what the weather is like....I'm a year-round ice cream eater! I think I get that from my dad's mom and my mom's dad, both of whom have a huge sweet tooth and specifically can't turn down a bowl of ice cream.
When it comes to ice cream, my favorite flavor has to be cookies & cream. And let me tell you, I've tried plenty of different ice creams. I worked at an ice cream shop with 30 flavors of hard-serve ice cream during my high school years and loved sampling all the new clever flavors. But not matter what, cookies and cream always seemed to rise to the top - whether in a cone, a bowl or blended into a milkshake!!
- Ice Cream - The better the ice cream, the better the milkshake! I like to use a high-quality vanilla ice cream.
- Oreo Cookies (or another chocolate sandwich cookie) - I use regular Oreos, but double-stuffed or other Oreo flavors will work too!
- Milk - I prefer to use 2% or whole milk to keep it super creamy!
How to Make an Oreo Milkshake
- Add 8 of the Oreos, the milk and the ice cream into a blender.
- Blend mixture until smooth.
- Add remaining Oreos and pulse the blender until they're broken down a little bit, but still have some larger chunks (if you like the crunch!). If you want it totally smooth, go ahead and add them all at the beginning.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
How do you Decorate a Glass Milkshake?
This is totally optional, but makes for a super fun, extra enticing milkshake! Here's what I like to do (as you can see in the photos above and below):
- Dip the rim of the glass in melted white chocolate, then into a dish of crushed Oreos (look how pretty that rim is!)
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into the glass and then add the milkshake
- Once the milkshake has been poured into the glass, top with a dollop of whipped cream, then crushed cookies and a whole Oreo on top
- Add a paper straw for a pop of color and serve!
Variations of the Oreo Milkshake
- Chocolate Lover's Oreo Milkshake - Use chocolate ice cream, chocolate milk and Oreos!
- Golden Oreo Milkshake - Use golden Oreos in place of the chocolate Oreos!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreo Milkshake - Add a scoop of peanut butter and a squeeze of chocolate syrup to the mix!
- Mint Oreo Milkshake - My mom's favorite! Add some crème de menthe for a cool, green twist!
Other Ice Cream Treats
Banoffee Ice Cream Pie - Flavors of banana and toffee fill this delicious pie to the brim! It’s cool & creamy and comes together super quickly with just five ingredients!
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches - This frozen dessert has no-churn ice cream sandwiched between two brownies….they’re rich, filled with super creamy ice cream and the flavor combos are endless!
Ice Cream Cake Roll - This ice cream cake roll is the perfect treat for any celebration. With chocolate cake, ice cream, Oreos and fudge in each bite, every fork-full is a slice of heaven!
Fried Ice Cream Pie - It’s like the fried ice cream you get at your local Mexican restaurant….but in pie form and without all that oil!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- 12 Oreo sandwich cookies divided
- 1 c milk
- 3 c vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream and additional Oreos for garnish optional
- In a blender, add 8 of the Oreo cookies, the milk and the ice cream; blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining Oreos and pulse until they're chopped up a bit (but leave them a little chunky if you like that crunch!).
- Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and cookie crumbs and enjoy!