This Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet is made in one dish for a quick and easy meal the whole family will enjoy! It's like hamburger helper, but better!Jump to Recipe
Dill pickles in pasta??! Don't knock it til ya try it! This pasta is cheesy, creamy, beefy and tastes JUST like a cheeseburger! And the best part? It's all made in one skillet, so there are few dishes! Let's get started!
- Ground Beef - I used 80% lean ground beef, but you can use whatever you've got
- Beef Broth
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
- Minced Onion
- Black Pepper
- Bowtie (Farfalle) Pasta - You could also use cellentani, elbow macaroni, penne or shells instead
- Velveeta Cheese - This brings such a nostalgic flavor to this pasta as most cheeseburgers you get at fast food chains have processed cheese. However, you could use mild cheddar cheese instead!
- Dill Pickles - You can either use dill pickle relish or dice up a couple pickle spears/slices/etc.
How to Make Cheeseburger Pasta
First, you’ll brown the ground beef in a large skillet and drain the excess grease.
Next you'll stir in the broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, minced onion, pepper, salt and pasta and bring the mixture to a boil.
Let it boil for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is soft. Then stir in the cheese until melted and lastly, you'll stir in the pickles.
How to make the recipe GLUTEN-FREE
It's super simple! All you'll need to do is swap out the pasta for a gluten-free pasta. If you can't find a gluten-free bowtie pasta, that's fine. Gluten-free rotini, shells, elbow macaroni or penne will work, too!
How to make the recipe DAIRY-FREE
Once again, super easy. Just swap the cheese out for a dairy-free cheese or skip the cheese altogether.
Can I skip the PICKLES?
If you don't like pickles, skip them! I think it adds a nice tang and it's a classic flavor in a cheeseburger, but it's delicious without, too!
What should I serve with Cheeseburger pasta?
This pasta pairs well with a crisp green salad with Balsamic Dressing and fresh fruit!
Other One-Pot Meals
Looking for more one-pot meals?? I don't blame you - our family could live off these alone!
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Mexican Mac & Cheese
Ground Beef Casserole
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 2 c water
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ c ketchup
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ c uncooked bowtie pasta (farfalle)
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- ¼ c diced dill pickles
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked; drain.
- Add the broth, water, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, minced onion, pepper, salt and pasta; bring to a boil.
- Let boil uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the pasta is soft.
- Stir in the cheese until melted then stir in the pickles.