Pizza Stuffed Chicken has all the flavors of a pepperoni pizza in a moist, tender chicken breast. This low-carb flavor-packed entrée will easily become a new favorite!Jump to Recipe
I honestly think I could eat pizza every single day of the week. But I suppose that would get a bit monotonous….and probably not the healthiest choice. So sometimes when I’m craving pizza, I get creative.
This one pot pizza pasta is always a hit with my family and I love any meal that’s all cooked in one pan. And this Pizza Stuffed Chicken is a new favorite and is a low-carb, healthy option to serve my family! Pair it with a salad or a bowl of fresh fruit for a wholesome, nutritious meal.
Chicken Breasts – I bought chicken breasts that were trimmed and were each about 4-5 ounces; you can use larger pieces, but will have to adjust the cooking time to reflect that
Italian Seasoning and Garlic Salt – Bringing in alllll the pizza flavor!
Pepperoni Slices – I used regular pepperoni slices, but you could also substitute with turkey pepperoni
Mozzarella Cheese – I prefer to buy a block and shred it myself (it’s creamier!) but you could certainly buy shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza Sauce – You’ll only need about 1/4 cup of sauce. Use the remaining sauce from the jar on a homemade pizza, stir into spaghetti and meatballs or freeze for next time
How to Make Pizza Stuffed Chicken
If you’ve made my Pesto Stuffed Chicken, this Pizza Stuffed Chicken is similar in how it’s made. They always say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I hope these photo instructions are helpful!
How do you know when the chicken is done?
Having an accurate thermometer is so very important. As you know, over-cooking any meat can lead to a dry, tough finished product, so having a thermometer that works is helpful!
Place the thermometer into the thickest spot of the largest chicken breast. Once it’s 160F, it’s ready to be removed from the oven.
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (trimmed, 4-6 oz)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 40 pepperoni slices
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally about 3/4 of the way through and open so it's butterflied; sprinkle the inside with half of the seasoning mixture.
- Place 6 pepperoni slices and a about 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese on one half of each of the chicken breasts.
- Close the chicken breasts and use toothpicks to secure. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
- Spread 1 tbsp pizza sauce over each chicken breast then add remaining pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center of the chicken reaches 160°F.
- Let the chicken sit for a few minutes, then remove the toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.