These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are loaded with a creamy filling and studded with chocolate chips. They're rich, decadent and oh-so-yummy!Jump to Recipe
I love everything about these bars. The creamy filling, the rich chocolate chips, the buttery oatmeal bottom and top layers....it's just a whole lotta good in one bar!!
I tested this recipe so many times. I tested different ratios of flour and oatmeal, different fillings (chocolate and peanut butter), and a handful of different baking temperatures/times. Honestly, it got to the point where my husband said "are you just testing these again because you wanna eat them??" Busted.
But that's good news for you! I always wait to post a recipe until I'm super confident that it's an incredible recipe. And this one, I'm super, super confident....thanks to the 132 times I tested it! 😉
How do you make Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars?
I put together a few photos to show you layer by layer. Hopefully it'll help show that these are a cinch to make!
First, you'll want to prepare a pan by lining it with parchment paper, foil or spraying with cooking oil. Then, preheat the oven to 350 F and get ready to bake!
Then, you'll add butter (room temp), creamy peanut butter, sugar and packed brown sugar to a mixing bowl. Once it's light and fluffy, add the eggs and vanilla. Finally, you'll stir in the quick oats and flour until combined.
Press ⅔ of the mixture into the prepared pan and bake (Photo 1). While it's baking, you will prepare the filling by microwaving peanut butter chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter and stirring until smooth.
Next, spread the peanut butter filling over the oatmeal crust (Photo 2), sprinkle with chocolate chips (Photo 3) and break up the remaining oatmeal mixture to place on top (Photo 4).
The bars will then go back into the oven to finish baking. Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are beginning to brown. Once you've removed them from the oven, let cool completely, cut into bars and devour!!!
How should I store leftovers?
Cover the bars with a lid or aluminum foil. They'll stay good on at room temperature or you can keep them in the fridge. Eat or freeze within 5 days.
Can I freeze Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars?
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, you certainly can freeze them! I like to cut them into squares, place into freezer bars and freeze for up to 3 months. When you're ready to eat, just grab one (or two!), let it thaw at room temperature and enjoy! Or, if you're super impatient, like me, put it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up! 🙂
Some of my other favorite Chocolate & Peanut Butter desserts...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mess Cake
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- ¼ c butter
- 1 c peanut butter
- ½ c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ c quick oats
- 2 c flour
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 9×13 pan by lining with parchment paper or coating with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla then the oatmeal and flour until combined.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the bottom layer is baking, make the filling. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter chips and butter. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Once the bottom layer is done baking, pour the filling over it and carefully spread it out. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top then place remaining oatmeal mixture on top and press it down lightly.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Amazing!! Everyone loved them and they didnt last long
Woohoo!! So glad to hear that! 🙂
Soooo tasty 😋 and easy to make. Couldn’t wait and had some before they were cold- yum yum
I'm so glad you enjoyed them, Elexes!! 🙂