These Chocolate Revel Bars have a buttery oatmeal layer and a soft chocolate filling. One bite of these fudgy bars and you’ll be hooked!Jump to Recipe
When I think of Chocolate Revel Bars, my mind instantly goes back to my school days. My siblings and I would ride the school bus the long 45 minute trip home to the farm and LOVED coming inside to these delightful treats!
These always seemed like such a special treat – I think it was that layer of fudgy chocolate that drew me in! Even when the bars are cool, that center is still soft and chewy, which always made us beg for seconds….and thirds! 🙂 Give them a try – I think you’ll understand!
Chocolate Revel Bars Ingredients
- Salted Butter
- Brown Sugar – Light or Dark brown sugar is fine
- All Purpose Flour
- Quick Cooking Oats
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Be sure it’s not evaporated milk!
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chocolate Revel Bars
There are two main components of these yummy bars. You’ll make the dough and the fudgy chocolate filling.
This simple 6-ingredient cookie dough starts with creaming the butter and brown sugar. Once light and fluffy, the eggs and vanilla are added followed by the flour and oatmeal. About 2/3 of this dough is pressed into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan and set aside.
Now for the tasty filling! Chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter are melted together in the microwave. Once smooth, it’s poured over the first layer of dough and spread to the edges. Lastly, you will drop the remaining dough over the chocolate and bake.
How to Store Chocolate Revel Bars
Cover the bars with a lid or aluminum foil. They’ll stay good on at room temperature or you can keep them in the fridge. Eat or freeze within 5 days.
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, you certainly can freeze them! I like to cut them into squares, place into freezer bars and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, just grab one (or two!), let it thaw at room temperature and enjoy! Or, if you’re super impatient, like me, toss it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up!
Other Tasty Cookie Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars – If you’re a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, these rich, gooey bars will be right up your alley!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars – If you’d prefer something fruity, this ones for you! These have a creamy filling, tart berries and a buttery oat crumble on the bottom and top!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Chocolate Revel Bars
- 1/2 c salted butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 c quick cooking oats
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 pan.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl (or stand mixer) until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and stir until well-combined.
- Stir in the flour and oatmeal.
- Spread about 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter.
- Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour over the dough and spread to the edges.
- Add small spoonfuls of the remaining dough over the chocolate layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes; let cool before cutting.