Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels are packed with cream cheese, spicy jalapenos, crunchy bacon and shredded cheese! They're the perfect tailgate snack and appetizer for any occasion!Jump to Recipe
When football season rolls around, you better bet I'll be ready to cheer on my Iowa State Cyclones!! But as much as I love the game, it's just as much about the tailgating and the game-day grub for me!
Whether it's an early morning cinnamon rolls & mimosas kind of game or an afternoon/evening kick-off, good food is key to a great tailgate. These Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels are perfect for tailgates because they're bite-sized finger food ....and because they go great with an ice cold beer! 🙂
Jalapeno Popper Pinwheel Ingredients
- Cream Cheese - You could also use a light (⅓ less fat) cream cheese
- Bacon - Use regular cooked bacon or bacon bits
- Jalapeno Peppers - I kept the seeds in mine because we like the heat! However, you could also remove the seeds before chopping for a milder version
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Tortillas - I used 10-inch "burrito-size" tortillas
How to make Pinwheels
If you've never made pinwheels before, you'll be pleasantly surprised how simple they are. First, you'll mix up the filling. It's quite thick, so I find it easiest to use a stand mixer (however a large bowl and wooden spoon works great, too). Next, you'll spread the mixture onto the tortillas.
Tightly roll up the tortillas and let the wraps chill for at least an hour. (Chilling them will make them easier to cut) Lastly, cut them into slices and refrigerate until ready to serve!
How to Store Pinwheels
Because of the cream cheese in the filling, it's best to keep pinwheels refrigerated. They'll stay good for 2-3 days in the fridge. Any longer than that, they'll taste just fine, but the tortillas will get a little bit soggy.
Other Simple Appetizers & Snacks
Pickle Wrap Dip - If you like pickle wraps, you’re going to LOVE this Pickle Wrap Dip! It’s got all the same ingredients, but is so much less tedious!
Praline Crunch - A great option for those who have a sweet tooth (I'm right there with ya!). This addictive snack mix is always a hit!
Hot Pizza Dip - This cheesy dip is irresistible! Scoop it up with a toasted baguette and watch it disappear (quickly)!!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- ¼ c chopped jalapeno peppers*
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 large tortillas (10" works great)
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, bacon, jalapenos, cheese and garlic.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 tortillas and spread it out to an even layer.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly, the refrigerate.
- After chilling for at least an hour, slice into ¾ inch pieces.
- Refrigerate the pinwheels until ready to serve.