This Corn Chowder with Bacon is the ultimate comfort food full of flavor, thanks to loads of sweet corn, plenty of bacon, white wine and a handful of spices!Jump to Recipe
There’s something about a big bowl of a creamy corn chowder that’s just so comforting. The sweet kernels of corn, savory bacon pieces, soft potatoes, and a rich and flavorful base. Just give it a try and you’ll see why it’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy the sweet corn that we freeze in the summertime!
Something I love about this corn chowder is how much flavor is packed into it in such a short amount of time. Though the corn and bacon bring tons of flavor, the addition of the white wine is what really brings it all together for me….. all this chat has me wanting another bowl!!
- Butter – I made the recipe with salted butter, however you could certainly use unsalted and add salt to taste at the end.
- Onion – Yellow or white onion.
- Garlic – If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves on hand, you could add ¼ teaspoon garlic powder with the salt and pepper.
- Dry White Wine – I typically use chardonnay (the little 187mL bottles work perfect)
- Chicken Broth – You can certainly opt for a low or no-sodium chicken broth if you’d like.
- Corn – I love to use fresh sweet corn cut off the cob. However, frozen or canned whole kernel corn (drained) would work great, too.
- Potatoes – I use the little gold potatoes; the red new potatoes or fingerling potatoes would work great too!
- Bacon – Diced ham would also be great and add a ton of flavor!
- Half and Half – 2% milk or whole milk would work great as well, if you’d like something a little lighter.
- Cream Cheese – I recommend using full fat cream cheese as it seems to melt into the soup better.
What to Serve with Corn Chowder
I love to serve almost any kind of soup with some sort of bread or dinner roll. My Butterhorn Rolls are soft and tasty and are the perfect tool to clean the last few drips out of the bowl! 😊 You could also opt for a crusty, chewy bread such as …. Perfect for soaking up some of the delicious soup!
And because you know I’m a dessert lover, you can bet there’ll be something sweet to finish off the meal. Something simple like Oatmeal Bars or No Bake Smores Bars would be a great addition!
How to Make a Gluten Free Corn Chowder
This recipe is naturally gluten free, so just follow right along!
Other Delicious Soup Recipes
Mexican Chicken Soup - Mexican Chicken Soup is loaded with chicken and full of flavor making it hearty, healthy and delicious!
Ravioli Soup - Ahhh one of my favorites!! With flavorful Italian sausage, cheese-filled ravioli and spices, Ravioli Soup is a hearty soup everyone will love!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup - Chicken and vegetables are mixed into a creamy sauce and topped with super simple Pie Crust Crackers – yum!!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Leave a Reply