This Creamy Lemon Pie is the perfect spring and summer treat! With a shortbread cookie crust and cool, lemony filling, this no-bake pie will be a quick favorite!Jump to Recipe
When spring rolls around, I’m always itching to get in the kitchen with tart, vibrantly-flavored citrus! From Lemon Bars to Triple Lemon Poke Cake, Easy Lemon Fruit Dip and everything in between, I love ’em all.
And by the looks of what recipe you’re all checking out this time of year, it looks like lemon is ON THE BRAIN. I’m so glad you’re loving my lemon recipes and I think the one I’m sharing today will be just as popular as the rest!! Then again, it’s easy, no-bake and absolutely delicious, so what’s not to love?!
- Shortbread Cookies + Butter + Sugar for the crust – To save time, you can certainly use a premade shortbread cookie crust (such as the Keebler brand crust) or use a premade graham cracker crust!
- Lemon Flavored Gelatin
- Lemon Flavored Yogurt – I used a full-fat version, but a low-fat or light yogurt will work too
- Lemon Juice – I highly recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice for the flavor! (Then you can use the lemon rind for decorative curls on top, too!)
- Whipped Topping
How to make a Shortbread Cookie Crust
If you’ve ever made a graham cracker crust, this is very similar. You’ll start by crushing up the shortbread cookies in a resealable baggie using a rolling pin. OR, you could put them in a food processor and pulse until you’ve got fine crumbs. Then, you’ll add sugar and the melted butter, mix it up and press into the pie plate!
How to top a Creamy Lemon Pie
Let’s be honest, if you don’t have time to beautify this pie, it really doesn’t need it. However, I find joy in decorating cookies and frosting cakes, so you better believe I’m all about making a simple pie look stunning. (Just look how much of a difference whipped topping dollops can do!)
I like to put whipped topping into a piping bag (or resealable bag) with a piping tip and squeezing it on each slice. Then, you can top with lemon slices, lemon curls, candied lemon peel or something more simple like bright yellow sprinkles!
As much as I love the lemon version of this pie, experiment with different flavors!!
- Lime is another really great option (use lime gelatin, key-lime yogurt and lime juice).
- Try a Cherry Limeade Pie with cherry gelatin, key-lime yogurt and lime juice!
- Make it a Strawberry Lemonade Pie with strawberry gelatin, lemon yogurt and lemon juice!
Get the Creamy Lemon Pie recipe below or PIN IT for later!
Creamy Lemon Pie
Shortbread Cookie Crust (can also use a prepared graham cracker crust)
- 1 1/2 c shortbread cookie crumbs (an 11 oz pkg will be plenty)
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 c boiling water
- 1 3 oz box lemon flavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 6 oz containers lemon flavored yogurt
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping + additional for topping, if desired
To make the shortbread crust
- Place the shortbread cookie crumbs in a large resealable bag.
- Add the melted butter and the sugar; seal bag.
- Shake and/or mix with your hands until well-combined.
- Pour into pie plate and press into the bottom and sides of the pan; set aside.
To make the filling
- Pour boiling water into a large bowl; sprinkle the gelatin on top and stir until dissolved (about 1-2 minutes).
- Stir in the lemon juice and yogurt until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping and pour into prepared crust.
- Refrigerate until set, about 4-6 hours.
- Serve with additional whipped topping, if desired.