These chocolate Waffle Cookies with fudgy buttercream are soft, fun to make and ohhh so delicious!Jump to Recipe
You know that feeling when you're mixing up a batch of cookies and DREADING the waiting game in the oven? I'm impatient, so I totally get it....and when I want dessert, I want it now! 🙂 Well good news is, these cookies only "bake" for a couple minutes, thanks to the handy dandy waffle maker!
Let the cool and frost with buttercream or enjoy them hot off the "press!" Orrrr....spread buttercream on a hot cookie and enjoy the melty, fudgy mess, because #Impatience.
How do you make Waffle Cookies?
- Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and stir until combined
- Scoop the batter by rounded tablespoons
- Place batter onto a hot waffle iron (I use a nonstick waffle maker, so no grease is needed)
- Let cook for 1-2 minutes or until the center is done
- Let the cookies cool, then make frosting and top with sprinkles, if desired!
How to top Waffle Cookies
These cookies are pretty and absolutely delicious as-is! However, adding toppings can be fun too!! Here are a couple recommendations!
- Sprinkles! Chocolate sprinkles, colored sprinkles, holiday sprinkles, edible glitter....whatever you've got!
- Mini Chocolate Chips! If you're a chocolate lover, I know you'll appreciate a little extra chocolate on top!
- Peanut Butter! I love swirling a little bit of peanut butter into the frosting....who doesn't love choc + PB?!
- Dehydrated marshmallows, chopped nuts, a swirl of Nutella, and the list goes on and on! Be creative 🙂
Can these cookies be frozen?
Yes! You can freeze these before or after frosting them! Freeze in a tightly-sealed container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Simply thaw on the counter for a bit to thaw and enjoy!
Other delicious frosted cookies....
- You can never go wrong with a classic buttercream-frosted Cut-Out Sugar Cookie!
- Frosted Apple Cookies!! Yes, apples most certainly DO belong in cookies....especially when topped with a cream cheese frosting!
- These buttery Spritz Cookies are so good, you'll make them for any and every holiday!