Dessert Pizza has a layer of raspberry pie filling, a buttery crumb topping and a drizzle of icing - just like the dessert at your favorite pizza restaurant!Jump to Recipe
Remember a few weeks ago I posted my Pizza Hut copycat Cavatini recipe? Well, that got me thinking about my other favorite thing on the buffet table at pizza restaurants - DESSERT PIZZA. Some have a fruit base and other are just loaded with that buttery crumble and drizzled with icing.
I love dessert pizza either way, but decided to go with a fruity version for today's post! Raspberry is typically my fruit of choice, but there are many other options I'll list out below!
- Pizza Crust - I used a can of refrigerated "Classic Crust" pizza crust from Pillsbury; if you'd prefer to make homemade, go for it!!
- Raspberry Pie Filling
- Raspberries - Fresh or frozen will both work fine
- Crumb Topping - Flour, butter, sugar
- Icing - Powdered sugar, vanilla, milk
How to Make Dessert Pizza
- Spread the pizza crust into a pan (I used a 15-inch round pan); a round pizza pan or large sheet pan would work great, too.
- Spread the raspberry filling over the crust evenly.
- Make the crumb topping and sprinkle over the raspberry filling.
- Add raspberries over the crumb topping (this is optional, but I think it looks extra pretty!).
- Bake the pizza until the edges are a light golden brown.
- Make the icing and drizzle it over the dessert pizza; serve warm!
Other Flavor Options
Don't think you're limited to just raspberry pie filling! Use what you've got. I think blueberry, peach and cherry pie filling would be just as tasty! Apple would be fantastic, too, especially in the fall months (though you might want to cut the apples up a bit).
How to Serve Dessert Pizza
I like it best warm, right out of the oven. It's great as-is or next to a scoop of vanilla ice cream! If you happen to have leftovers, store them in a tightly-sealed sandwich bag or container.
Other Delicious Fruity Desserts
- Raspberry Cake - This moist and tender Raspberry Cake starts with a cake mix and is packed with flavor from fresh raspberries and raspberry gelatin! A simple raspberry whipped cream tops the cake, making it a light, refreshing dessert!
- Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes - Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes have a soft cake, tart curd filling, and a smooth cream cheese frosting. And the best part? It all starts with a cake mix – easy peasy!!
- Cherry Dump Cake - This Cherry Dump Cake has sweet cherry pie filling, a cheesecake layer and a buttery cake mix topping. Top with a scoop of ice cream for the easiest, yummiest dessert!!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey