These super simple Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or easy appetizer! They're deliciously cheesy and topped with a sweet and savory honey glaze!Jump to Recipe
When suppertime rolls around on busy weeknights, I'm usually on the hunt for a quick meal that my kids will enjoy. This one is a perfect example of just that - it's made with simple ingredients, takes little time and the whole family LOVES them!
- Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough - I use the Pillsbury brand original crescent rolls; these can be found in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores.
- Cheese - I typically use sliced cheddar cheese, but you could also use Swiss cheese, American cheese or whatever other type of cheese you enjoy!
- Ham - Thinly sliced deli ham is easiest to roll up - I prefer honey ham (goes so well with the honey butter glaze), but Black Forest ham is great, too! You can also try using deli style roast beef, turkey or sliced chicken!
- Butter - I prefer salted, but you could also use unsalted butter.
- Honey - Feel free to swap this out for one tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Garlic Powder
- Mustard Powder - You could swap this out for 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard, if preferred.
- Poppy Seeds - Though optional, I love the look of this on top! (Parsley flakes would be a great alternative!)
How to Make Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
First pre-heat the oven. These don't take much time to whip up, so you'll want the oven hot and ready to go!
Next you'll open the tube of crescent dough and separate the 8 triangles by the perforations in the dough. Lay the triangles out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using aluminum foil, be sure to give it a spritz of cooking spray so they don't stick.
Next you'll cut each cheese slice in half diagonally so they fit well on the triangles. Place one at the end of each triangle of dough.
Now you'll place a slice of folded ham over the cheese and a slice of ham on the other end of the triangle.
Then the remaining piece of cheese will be placed on top of the ham.
Roll each triangle up starting at the end with the cheese. Roll them up tightly and place on the baking sheet.
Next you'll mix up the delicious honey butter glaze! In a small bowl combine the melted butter, honey and seasonings.
Brush the glaze over the dough and bake until the edges are a deep golden brown and the center of the roll ups are cooked thoroughly.
Some of the melted cheese might ooze out the side of the crescent roll ups and that's totally fine! Just scoop it up and enjoy it! 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes!! This is a great way to use up leftover ham. My only recommendation is that you make sure cut the ham slices really thin so it's easy to roll up!
I typically serve these with a green vegetable (or fresh lettuce salad) and a side of fruit! Though I typically serve these for a busy weeknight meal or easy lunch, they make great appetizers too!!
Let the rolls cool completely then keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze leftovers in a resealable freezer bag.
Though I've never tried it, I think it'll work great! However, I'd decrease the baking time significantly and add more time if needed! You'll want to make sure the center of the rolls are completely cooked so you're not biting into raw dough!