Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders are the perfect way to get the day started! The sliders are layered with cream cheese, scrambled eggs, sausage and melty cheese and topped with a savory butter glaze. Gooooood morning!!!Jump to Recipe
Everyone loves a good Hawaiian roll slider - my Ham and Cheese sliders are always a hit! We love them so much that I knew I had to try a breakfast version, so I added fluffy scrambled eggs, ground pork sausage and a yummy buttery topping to those sweet rolls and wow! Needless to say, they're AMAZING!
Ingredients Needed (Amounts in Recipe Card below)
- Hawaiian Rolls - Surprise, surprise! 😉 These rolls are perfect for breakfast sliders because they're super soft and slightly sweet which balances out the rest of the savory flavors in the sandwich.
- Cream Cheese - I like to use the onion and chive cream cheese, but plain (or ⅓ less fat) cream cheese would work just as well.
- Breakfast Sausage - There are a couple options here. I used ground breakfast sausage as you can see in the photo. However, you could save a step and use precooked breakfast sausage patties, sliced ham, crispy bacon or your favorite cooked breakfast meat.
- Red Bell Pepper - Red pepper gives these sliders some color and extra flavor. You could certainly skip these in the recipe if you've got picky kiddos!
- Eggs - Who doesn't love eggs with their breakfast?! They keep these sliders super moist and add a little extra protein!
- Cheese - Use whatever kind of cheese you like (sharp cheddar cheese, American cheese, Colby jack, muenster, pepperjack, etc). The cheese makes these melty sandwiches irresistible!
- Butter - Melted butter is the base of the glaze that will go over the rolls before hitting the oven. And it makes these SOOOO GOOD!
- Seasonings - Black pepper, onion powder and parsley is all you need!
Step by Step Instructions
Start by turning on the oven and greasing a baking dish (or lining it with parchment paper).
Open your package of sweet Hawaiian rolls and use a serrated knife to cut them in half. Place the bottom of the rolls into the prepared pan; spread the cream cheese on top.
Next, you'll cook the sausage and peppers in a large skillet over medium heat followed by the scrambled eggs (go ahead and use the same skillet for both to save on dishes!).
Sprinkle the sausage over the cream cheese and then top with scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese.
Place the top of the rolls on the eggs.
Melt the butter and stir in the onion powder, parsley flakes and black pepper. Brush over the slider buns.
Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes and no. Yes, you can prep most of it ahead of time, but I wouldn't recommend putting them together until you're ready to bake them. Here's what I'd recommend...
Cook the sausage and peppers, place in a bowl and refrigerate. Do the same with the egg mixture. Place the butter and spices in a small microwave-safe bowl, cover and refrigerate. Then in the morning, spread the cream cheese, top with sausage/peppers, eggs, cheese, and the top of the bun. Then melt the butter, brush it on top of the sliders and bake! With the filling being cold from the fridge, it may need a little more time in the oven to heat through.
I like serving these with a side of fresh fruit or my frozen fruit cups!
Let them cool completely then refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. You can also wrap the individual sliders in plastic wrap, place them in a freezer bag and freeze! They're perfect for busy mornings when you want some thing delicious in a hurry!
I like to wrap a slider in a paper towel and microwave until piping hot. You can also cook them in the air fryer, but be careful as they crisp up quickly! If you're reheating them from the freezer, you'll want to microwave them at about 50% power until they're warm.
What are some of my other favorite breakfast recipes?
Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash - I love this one, because it's full of veggies, savory sausage and eggs, making it the perfect filling (and healthy!) breakfast!
Ham and Cheese Egg Bake - The flavored sour cream dip brings these breakfast egg bake to the next level!
Homemade French Toast Sticks - A kid (and adult!) favorite & freezer friendly!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes - Yes, you read that correctly, cottage cheese pancakes!! You'd never know there was cottage cheese in them, but it gives these fluffy pancakes extra protein!