Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders are the perfect way to get the day started! The sliders are layered with cream cheese, scrambled eggs, sausage and melty cheese and topped with a savory butter glaze. Gooooood morning!!!Jump to Recipe
What's your favorite meal of the day? For me, it's always been breakfast!!! I love it all - cinnamon rolls, cheesy omelets, crispy bacon, fresh fruit, and the list goes on and on. I mean what other meal can you have something as sweet as pancakes covered in syrup and consider it a meal?!
Although I tend to choose sweet over savory, my husband Zach is the complete opposite. When breakfast rolls around, he's all about the eggs, hash browns, sausage, bacon, etc. Therefore, it was no surprise to me when Zach took a bite of these Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders and said "Kels, this is my new #1 favorite recipe on the blog!"
You know those ham and cheese sliders you can make with Hawaiian rolls? My family just loves those....I mean, what's not to love?! Therefore when breakfast rolled around one morning and I had some Hawaiian Rolls on the counter top, I thought 'why not do a breakfast version?!'
What do I need to make Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders?
- Hawaiian Rolls - Surprise, surprise! 😉 These rolls are perfect for breakfast sliders because they're super soft and slightly sweet which balances out the rest of the savory flavors in the sandwich.
- Cream Cheese - I like to use the onion and chive cream cheese, but plain (or ⅓ less fat) cream cheese would work just as well.
- Breakfast Sausage - There are a couple options here. I used ground breakfast sausage as you can see in the photo. However, you could save a step and use precooked breakfast sausage patties or sliced ham.
- Red Bell Pepper - Red pepper gives these sliders some color and extra flavor. You could certainly skip these in the recipe if you've got picky kiddos!
- Eggs - Who doesn't love eggs with their breakfast?! They keep these sliders super moist and add a little extra protein!
- Cheese - Use whatever kind of cheese you like (cheddar, muenster, pepperjack, etc). The cheese makes these melty sandwiches irresistible!
- Butter - Melted butter is the base of the glaze that will go over the rolls before hitting the oven. And it makes these SOOOO GOOD!
Can I make these sliders ahead of time?
Yes and no. Yes, you can prep most of it ahead of time, but I wouldn't recommend putting them together until you're ready to bake them. Here's what I'd recommend...
- Slice the Hawaiian Rolls and place them into a greased pan; cover with plastic wrap.
- Cook the sausage and peppers; place in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Cook the scrambled eggs; place in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Place the butter and spices into a small microwave safe bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Then, in the morning, spread the cream cheese, top with sausage/peppers, eggs, cheese, and the top of the bun. Then melt the butter and brush over-top and bake!
What are some of my other favorite breakfast recipes?
Cottage Cheese Pancakes - Yes, you read that correctly, cottage cheese pancakes!! You'd never know there was cottage cheese in them, but it gives these fluffy pancakes extra protein!
Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash - I love this one, because it's full of veggies, savory sausage and eggs, making it the perfect filling (and healthy!) breakfast!
Pumpkin Spice Baked French Toast - How good does this sound?! It's the ultimate fall breakfast option!!!
Print the recipe for Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders
Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders
- 1 - 12 count pkg Hawaiian Rolls
- 6 tablespoon cream cheese plain or onion & chive
- ½ lb ground breakfast sausage
- ⅓ c diced red bell peppers optional
- 6 eggs
- ¼ c milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ c shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ c butter
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a serrated knife, slowly slice through all 12 buns (don't tear the 12 apart), so you essentially have one large top bun and one large bottom bun.
- Place the bottom of the buns in a greased 8x11" pan. If you don't have an 8x11" pan, you can just place them in the center of a greased 9x13". Set the top buns aside.
- Spread the cream cheese on the bottom buns.
- In a saucepan, brown the breakfast sausage and the red pepper. Drain any excess fat; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk and black pepper with a whisk. Once smooth, heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil on the stovetop.
- Once it's hot, add the eggs and stir occasionally until cooked (making scrambled eggs).
- Sprinkle the sausage mixture over the bottom buns with the cream cheese, then the eggs on top of that.
- Next, sprinkle the cheese on top and place the bun tops over the sandwiches.
- In a small bowl, microwave the butter until melted. Stir in the onion powder, black pepper and parsley. Brush overtop of the rolls, letting it soak in a bit.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown.
- Slice and serve!
- Making a double-batch is easy! Simply double the ingredients and bake in a 9x13 pan....you'll be glad you made double! 🙂
- Save a little time by using precooked breakfast sausage patties instead of worrying about frying the breakfast sausage.
- This recipe can easily be tailored to your liking...
- Sub the sausage for sliced ham, bacon, or even leave the meat out and add extra veggies
- Use your favorite kind of cheese! Prefer pepperjack for some extra kick? Go for it!!
- Add extra veggies like spinach, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc.
- Trying to cut back a bit? Use 9 egg whites instead of whole eggs, use ⅓ less fat cream cheese and stick to sliced ham instead of sausage.