This No Bake Turtle Cheesecake has a chocolate cookie crust, creamy filling swirled with caramel, a chocolate topping and pecans for garnish. It's a stunning, decadent treat everyone loves!!Jump to Recipe
Why I Love This Cheesecake
- No baking, no fancy springform pan, and no water bath!
- It's a great recipe to whip up on a hot day since you don't have to turn the oven on!
- If you love the flavor profile of "turtle," this will not disappoint! Find all my "turtle" recipes here!
- Oreo Cookies - You can use graham crackers in place of the Oreos if you'd like. See notes in the recipe card below on how to make it a graham cracker crust.
- Butter - Salted or unsalted butter is fine.
- Caramel Bits - Grocery stores typically have these in the baking aisle.
- Heavy Cream - You'll need this for the caramel sauce and the chocolate ganache.
- Cream Cheese - I do recommend using full-fat cream cheese for this recipe to keep the texture thick! Make sure it's at room temperature so it mixes easily.
- Sour Cream - I recommend full-fat sour cream for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice - Fresh or bottled is fine.
- Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Topping - Such as Cool Whip.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate - You can use chocolate chips or a chocolate bar.
- Pecans - These are completely optional! If you like pecans on your cheesecake, go for it!
How to Make No Bake Turtle Cheesecake
Though this cheesecake does take quite a few steps, the end result is worth every single minute!!!
Make the Oreo Cookie Crust
You'll start by processing the Oreo cookies in a food processor. Once you've got small crumbs, you'll add the melted butter.
Press the chocolate crust into the bottom and sides of a pie plate. You can use the back of a spoon, your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup to press it down.
Make the Caramel Sauce
To make the caramel sauce, you'll add the caramel bits and heavy cream to a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave until smooth and let cool a bit while you mix up the cream cheese layer.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
For this part, I find it easiest to use a hand mixer with a large bowl or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Start by mixing the cream cheese alone until it's smooth then add the sugar, sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla.
Stir in the whipped topping and stir until fully incorporated.
Spoon about half of the mixture (no need to measure - it doesn't need to be exact!) into the crust.
Drizzle about ⅓ cup of the caramel sauce on top. Spoon the remaining cheesecake filling into the pie plate and spread to a nice even layer.
Make the Chocolate Ganache
In order to make a really nice, shiny chocolate ganache, you'll want to use a high quality chocolate bar or chocolate chips.
The secret to great ganache is also in how it's melted. Heat the cream in a microwave-safe bowl and then add the chocolate.
Cover with plastic wrap for a few minutes (don't stir yet!) to give the chocolate time to melt. Then stir until smooth and spread the melted chocolate over the cheesecake.
Lastly, it's SUPER important that you give the cheesecake time to chill so it sets up really nicely. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours (overnight is best!).
How Should I Garnish the Cheesecake?
You can garnish the whole cheesecake or let everyone garnish each slice as they wish! I like to add a dollop of whipped topping to each slice and then drizzle with extra caramel and pecans!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes!! To make it in a springform pan (which is deeper than a standard pie plate), you'll want to 1 ½ times all parts of the recipe except for the ganache topping. For example, for the caramel, you'd use 1 ½ cups caramel bits and 3 tablespoons cream.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I don't recommend freezing the cheesecake as it'll affect its texture.