This No Peek Chicken and Rice is as simple as dump, mix and bake! It's a super easy dinner recipe the whole family will love!Jump to Recipe
This post is sponsored by CHEF’S CRAFT® Gourmet,
but all opinions and text are my own!
This cheesy casserole is loaded with chicken and broccoli, making it an all-in-one meal the whole family will love! With few dishes (and by “few” I mean one), it’s not only simple to put together, but also super quick to clean up. I’ve teamed up with CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken for this recipe, because they make getting protein into recipes like this one a breeze. And for busy families like mine, having a quick and easy meat add-in for casseroles is a must!
These Grilled Chicken Breast Chunks are bite-sized, making them perfect for adding to dishes without having to slice and dice them. You can also cook them in the microwave or in a skillet in a matter of minutes as a way to add protein-packed, juicy chicken to salads, rice bowls, etc.
Also, their flame grilled chicken breast fillets and breaded chicken breast chunk nuggets are perfect for adding to my family’s favorite chicken dishes, like Creamy Chicken Taco Soup and Chicken Nugget Casserole.
Find fully-cooked CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken in the frozen section at Walmart throughout the country, at Food Lion in the Southeast, and at Meijer. Use this handy store locator to find all three CHEF’S CRAFT® chicken products at a store near you! Visit ChefsCraftGourmet.com to get more information on the chicken products and find delicious recipe ideas.
No Peek Chicken and Rice Ingredients
- Chicken: I love to use the CHEF’S CRAFT® Grilled Chicken Breast Chunks, simply because of the ease of prep and the excellent flavor. However, you could dice up leftover grilled chicken or use shredded rotisserie chicken, too.
- Instant White Rice – Such as “Minute Rice”
- Broccoli – You can use fresh or frozen broccoli; I find it easiest to use frozen broccoli florets as I’ve always got them on hand
- Cream of Mushroom Soup – Be sure to use this as is (do not add the extra water to make soup)
- Cream of Chicken Soup – Same here; be sure to use this as is (do not add the extra water to make soup)
- Chicken Broth – Regular or low-sodium will work great
- Shredded Cheese – I use shredded cheddar, but use whatever you’ve got on hand (cheddar, American, Colby jack, etc)
VIDEO: How to Make No Peek Chicken and Rice
Why is it called “No Peek” Chicken and Rice?
It’s exactly how it sounds – there’s no “peeking” involved! So, once the pan goes into the oven, there’s no checking on it until the timer goes off. This allows the moisture to stay in the casserole and the rice to cook properly!
Most “No Peek” Chicken recipes use regular rice. However, I changed up the recipe to use instant rice and pre-cooked frozen chicken to speed up the process. You’re welcome. 😉
Other Favorite Casserole Recipes
Mexican Chicken Casserole – This flavor-packed casserole is as easy as dump, mix, cover and bake! It’s a cheesy, hearty meal that’s as simple as it gets!
Chicken Stuffing Casserole – This one makes for the ultimate comfort food meal! With meat, veggies and stuffing all in one dish, supper will be on the table before you know it!
One Dish Ground Beef Casserole – This casserole is enjoyed by even the pickiest of eaters. With few ingredients and very few dishes, it’s a win-win for everyone!!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
No Peek Chicken and Rice
- 2 c uncooked instant white rice
- 2 c broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- One 10.5 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- One 10.5 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- One 16 oz bag CHEF'S CRAFT® chicken breast chunks*
- 1 ½ c chicken broth
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 2.5 - 3 quart casserole dish or 9x13" pan.
- To the greased pan, add the rice, broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, chicken and chicken broth; stir well.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes (don't peek on it until it's made it to the 45 minute mark!!) then remove from the oven, remove the foil and stir.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until all of the cheese is melted.