This frozen Peppermint Pie takes just four ingredients and 10 minutes to put together! It's fun, festive and bursting with peppermint flavor!Jump to Recipe
When I was growing up, there were two special items I looked forward to Mom picking up during the holidays. And surprise, surprise, they both revolve around ice cream, ha!! First off, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Christmas tree and snowman-shaped ice cream treats (anyone remember those?!) And second, the peppermint stick ice cream the Schwann's man only had available during the holidays!
I still LOVE the pink peppermint ice cream with crunchy red and green candy pieces. Then I turned it into a pie with a chocolate crust and fell in love with it all over again!! Seriously, this is likely one of the easiest pies you will ever make and it's so festive and delicious!
Peppermint Pie Ingredients
- Fudge Topping - I used the jarred store-bought fudge ice cream topping, but a thick homemade fudge topping would work too!
- Chocolate Cookie Crust - I used the pre-made Oreo cookie crust, but homemade would work great as well
- Peppermint Ice Cream - This is easiest to find during the holidays. If you can't find the pink peppermint stick ice cream, you could also use green mint chocolate chip ice cream (it'll be a little different, but still super tasty!)
- Whipped Topping
- Garnishes - Not totally necessary, but a simple way to dress up the pie!
How to Serve Peppermint Pie
First off, I recommend getting the pie out of the freezer at least 10 minutes before you plan to serve it. That'll make it easier to cut, serve and enjoy!
To garnish, I piped some whipped topping around the edges and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candies. And because I can't resist a little extra chocolate, I drizzled the slices with leftover fudge topping!
Other Delicious Holiday Desserts
Egg Nog Pie - This easy no-bake Egg Nog Pie has tons of festive flavor packed into a pre-made chocolate crust. Serve with a dollop of whipped topping for a delightful dessert your guests will love!
Grasshopper Pie - Grasshopper Pie is a no-bake dessert comes together quickly with just 4 ingredients. Its minty filling is the perfect compliment to the crunchy cookie crust!
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake - Smooth cheesecake filling with cinnamon tunnels throughout, a frosting swirl and dollops of whipped topping make up this show-stopping Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- ⅓ c fudge topping
- 1 premade Oreo cookie crust
- 4 c peppermint stick ice cream softened
- 2 c whipped cream
- additional whipped topping and crushed peppermint candies for garnish, optional
- Spread the fudge topping over the bottom of the pie crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened ice cream and whipped topping.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Cover the pie and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with additional whipped topping and crushed peppermint candies.
Leave a Reply