This creamy tomato and sausage One Pot “Million Dollar Spaghetti” creates few dishes and is a super quick and easy meal!Jump to Recipe
Have you ever heard of Million Dollar Spaghetti? It’s typically made in a large casserole dish, layered with cooked spaghetti noodles, cheese, pasta sauce and ground beef then baked until hot and bubbly. It’s delicious, but the pile of dishes and time it takes to clean up afterwards isn’t quite as appetizing!
Therefore, I’m sharing a recipe for Million Dollar Spaghetti with all the same flavors but much less work and fewer dishes!! And if you’re anything like me, you love a quick & easy meal the whole family will adore. Let’s get to it!
- Ground Italian Sausage – You can also substitute with ground beef or ground pork
- Diced Onion – Optional….I know some kids (and adults!) are pretty picky with onions! 🙂 It’s certainly not a make or break ingredient in this recipe!
- Minced Garlic
- Beef Broth – Water can be used in place of the broth
- Marinara Sauce
- Spaghetti Noodles – I like to use the “pot sized spaghetti” but you can use regular and just break them in half to fit into the skillet if needed
- Cream Cheese – As you’ll see in the recipe, you can use 4-8 ounces. I prefer to use just 4 ounces, but add the full 8 if you want it super creamy! You can also use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese instead of regular.
- Cottage Cheese – I used 1% milkfat small curd
- Sour Cream – Light Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt would work, too
How to Make One Pot Million Dollar Spaghetti
- The ground Italian sausage and onions are cooked and crumbled in a large skillet. The garlic is added and cooked for one minute.
- Next, you’ll add the beef broth, spaghetti and marinara sauce and bring it to a boil and cook until the noodles are soft.
- The cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream are added and stirred until smooth.
- The skillet is ready to enjoy!!!
What To Serve with this easy Million Dollar Spaghetti
A loaf of garlic bread or these Homemade Butterhorn Rolls would be a great addition! I also like to serve with a green lettuce salad with a simple dressing and fresh fruit. Oh, and if you’ve got a sweet tooth like me, you’ll want something for dessert! These scotcheroos are made in just 10-15 minutes and they’re seriously the BEST!
Other Delicious One Pot Pasta Skillets
One Pot Enchilada Pasta – All the flavors of a beef & cheese enchilada come together beautifully in this creamy, One Pot Enchilada Pasta!
One Pot Spaghetti – This recipe turns the classic into a weeknight favorite, thanks to fewer dishes, less time and more flavor!!
Homemade Beefaroni – This easy Homemade Beefaroni is a hearty and delicious take on the childhood classic. Made in just one pan (no boiling noodles separately!), it comes together quickly and satisfies appetites of all ages!
One Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta – Juicy steak, tender onions & peppers and a whole ‘lotta flavor make up this one pot pasta!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
One Pot Million Dollar Spaghetti
- Large Skillet
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 c diced onion optional
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 c beef broth or water
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 8 oz spaghetti uncooked
- 4 – 8 oz cream cheese (softened) Use full 8 oz for super creamy pasta
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 1/4 c sour cream
- In a large skillet with deep sides, brown and crumble the sausage with the onions over medium-high heat.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, drain excess grease.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, marinara and uncooked spaghetti noodles.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then turn heat to medium-low.
- Continue stirring frequently until the spaghetti is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream. If it's too thick and sticky, stir in an additional 1/4-1/2 cup of broth or water.
- Serve warm.