All the flavors of a beef & cheese enchilada come together beautifully in this creamy, One Pot Enchilada Pasta!Jump to Recipe
One of my favorite foods growing up was my mom’s Enchilada Casserole. And let’s be real, I’ve always loved all kinds of Tex-Mex! Well this One Pot Enchilada Pasta is no exception. I mean Tex-Mex + Pasta….what could go wrong?!
Remember the first one pot skillet I did awhile back – the Easy Taco Pasta Skillet? This one is similar in that it’s all cooked in one pan, is super quick and has few dishes. However, it’s a little more zesty (though the heat level is customizable) and also a touch more creamy, thanks to the cream cheese! It’s so good. SO good. But you know what I’ll say….don’t take my word for it! 😉
Ingredients Needed for One Pot Enchilada Pasta
- Ground Beef – I like to use a lean ground beef (85%+) for this recipe, but any will work!
- Small Onion
- Enchilada Sauce – I use a mild enchilada sauce, but you could also use medium or hot, depending on your heat preference!
- Pasta – I use rotini pasta, but have also tried ziti and penne, which both worked just fine!
- Ground Cumin
- Red Pepper Flakes – I love the touch of heat, but this could be skipped if you want to keep it super mild
- Cream Cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese for the best results
- Cheddar Cheese – A block of cheese or pre-shredded will work!
This is the easiest weeknight meal – here’s how!
Before you begin, make sure you’ve got a large skillet. This makes a good-sized batch of pasta!
First off, you’ll brown the ground beef and onion until cooked. Then, the enchilada sauce, water, pasta and seasonings are added and stirred together. Once the mixture comes to a boil, it will continue to cook on low for about 10 minutes, or until the pasta is soft.
Mix in the cream cheese and top with cheddar cheese. Easy, huh?!! Yep, and SO fast.
My other favorite One Pot Pastas
Easy One Pot Spaghetti turns the classic into a weeknight favorite, thanks to fewer dishes, less time and more flavor!!
One Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta has juicy steak, tender onions & peppers and a whole ‘lotta flavor!
White Chicken Enchilada Pasta is SO good! Now you’ve got options for beef enchilada pasta and chicken enchilada pasta!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
One Pot Enchilada Pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 c diced onion
- 2 c water
- 1 19 oz can enchilada sauce
- 8 oz dry rotini pasta (about 2 1/4 c)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef & diced onion and brown until fully cooked; pour out any excess grease.
- Add the water, enchilada sauce, pasta, cumin and red pepper flakes; stir.
- Cook over high heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Serve warm.