Cornbread Pudding is a creamy side dish with sweet corn mixed into a cornbread-like batter. It's super easy to throw together and is a must at any holiday gathering!Jump to Recipe
When I think about holiday meals, I always look forward to the side dishes more than the main dish. I mean, I love a good piece of ham or roast beef, but the side dishes get me every time. Stuffing? Yes please. Green bean casserole? Pass it over! And this Cornbread Pudding?! It'll be first on my plate!
And for those of you preparing a large meal for family and friends, you'll be glad to know that this is one of the easiest side dishes you can make. With only 6 ingredients and a quick stir, you'll be well on your way to serving up this creamy cornbread pudding, also known as corn casserole.
Cornbread Pudding Ingredients
Ahhh don't we all love a recipe with a short list of ingredients?!
- Eggs - I always use "large" eggs
- Sour Cream - Use full-fat sour cream in this recipe
- Butter - I use salted butter
- Whole Kernel Corn - If you have sweet corn in the freezer, you can certainly use that instead of the canned corn! Simply thaw out and drain any excess moisture. You'll need 1 ½ cups.
- Cream Style Corn
- Cornbread Mix - I've always used Jiffy brand for this recipe as they're the perfect sized boxes!
How to Make Cornbread Pudding (See photos below)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients.
2. Add the cornbread mix.
3. Stir until combined.
4. Pour into greased dish and bake.
I really love this recipe as-is, but have also added different ingredients to change it up a bit! Here are a few ideas for ingredients to add to change it up! Be sure to add these ingredients in when you stir the cornbread mix in.
- Diced jalapenos
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Cheddar cheese
- Diced red and green peppers
Other Delicious Side Dishes
Loaded Mashed Potatoes - With smooth and fluffy potatoes, rich cream cheese and ooey-gooey cheddar cheese, these are SO good, there’s no need for gravy!
Butterhorn Rolls - These soft and tender Butterhorn Rolls (aka crescent rolls) are easy to make and a delicious addition to any meal!
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots - They’re easy to make, full of flavor and have just the right amount of sweetness!
Orange Jello Salad - With just a few ingredients, this light and fluffy Orange Jello Salad is super easy, kid-friendly and perfect for any gathering!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- ½ c butter melted
- 1 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 14.75 oz can creamed corn
- 1 8.5 oz box cornbread mix
- Grease a 3-qt casserole dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, melted butter and both cans of corn.
- Stir in the cornbread mix, then pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes; serve warm.