With just a few ingredients, this light and fluffy Orange Jello Salad is super easy, kid-friendly and perfect for any gathering!Jump to Recipe
Wanna know what I love about living in the midwest?? First off, I love the wide open spaces - it means room for the kids to run, room for a garden, and clear skies for miles and miles. Being in the midwest also means we live in the heart of animal agriculture - an industry made up of hard-working, respectful farmers (my family included!) who care for the land and the quality of food they produce.
And on a less serious note, living in the midwest means that when we say "salad", it could be a leafy green salad or a "salad" full of cool whip, pudding and jello!! I mean think about it....strawberry pretzel salad, Snickers salad and this Orange Jello Salad I'm sharing today! Whether you call it "salad" or "dessert," I'm sure of one thing - it's SO darned tasty and hope you think so too! 🙂
Ingredients Needed for Orange Jello Salad
- Cook & Serve Vanilla Tapioca Pudding
- Orange Jello - regular or sugar free with work
- Mandarin Oranges - I use the oranges in light syrup or juice (though it gets drained either way!)
- Whipped Topping - You can use "light" or regular
Though I love the original recipe, here are a few fun variations!
Add marshmallows - My daughter loves marshmallows so I often add 1-2 cups of mini marshmallows in the mixture.
Strawberry - Use strawberry Jello instead of orange, then use 1 lb fresh strawberries (quartered) instead of the mandarin oranges.
Lots of Fruit - Instead of the two cans of mandarin oranges, use one can of mandarin oranges, 1 can of drained peach slices and two sliced bananas.
Some of my other favorite side dishes
Macaroni Salad - This salad is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy! It’s a go-to recipe for parties, barbeques, potlucks and family gatherings!
Best Ever Baked Beans - These are packed with ground beef, perfectly sweet and 100% delish!!
Tortellini Pasta Salad - Cheese-filled tortellini pasta brings a fun twist to a classic side dish! This pasta salad with Italian dressing is as easy as it gets and oh so tasty!
Connect with Dance Around the Kitchen!
Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook so you never miss a recipe!! And as always, thank you for following along with my blog, making my recipes, liking and sharing on social media and any other way you support Dance Around the Kitchen! -Kelsey
Orange Jello Salad
- 2 3 oz boxes cook & serve vanilla tapioca pudding
- 1 3 oz box orange Jello
- 3 c water
- 2 15 oz cans mandarin oranges (in light syrup or juice) drained
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping thawed
- In a saucepan, combine the tapioca pudding, Jello and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Let it boil for 3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until completely cool.
- Add the drained mandarin oranges and whipped topping and fold in.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.