This Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares recipe is the perfect no bake treat for anyone with a sweet tooth! They'd be perfect for an after-school snack, potlucks, bake sales and everything in between!Jump to Recipe
Any kind of no bake cereal bars seem to be super popular in our household! And though I love a good standard "Rice Krispie Treat," I'll almost always opt for a no bake bar with some peanut butter in there! Now combine marshmallow treats with peanut butter and we get these no bake peanut butter marshmallow bars!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispies with Marshmallows
The combination of peanut butter and marshmallow is such a fun one! I love the salty peanut butter with the sweet and chewy marshmallow! Therefore, I took my scotcheroo recipe, took the chocolate out and added marshmallows...and lots of 'em!
Ingredients Needed (Full List of Ingredients & Instructions at the Bottom of the Post)
- Brown Sugar - Light or dark brown sugar will work.
- Corn Syrup - Light or dark corn syrup will work
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peanut Butter - I prefer a smooth peanut butter over crunchy, but you can use either. I don't, however, recommend the runny, natural peanut butter as it'll change the texture quite a bit.
- Rice Krispies
How to Make Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Squares
You'll begin by adding brown sugar, corn syrup and some of the marshmallows to a large saucepan.
Stir the mixture over low to medium heat and continue until the brown sugar has dissolved and the marshmallows are melted. You don't want the mixture to boil as it'll over-cook the sugar and give you hard, crunchy dessert bars.
Next, you'll add the peanut butter and stir well.
Pour the Rice Krispies cereal into the peanut butter mixture and stir until they're evenly coated.
Add the remaining marshmallows and stir just a few times (you don't want the marshmallows to completely melt - you want to be able to see some in the bars, too!).
Pour the mixture into a greased square pan and spread it out evenly. Let them cool before cutting and serving!
Frequently Asked Questions
Once they are completely cool, I recommend storing these in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze them.
You can, but I definitely recommend quartering them before adding to the mixture.
Do you really don't need to do either. As long as you've sprayed the pan with cooking spray, they should be quite easy to remove.
Absolutely! Go for it!
Yes! Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until the brown sugar is dissolved and the marshmallows are completely melted. Proceed as the recipe states.
Absolutely. Using the square pan, you'll have these thick bars that are so pretty when cut! However, you can certainly spread the mixture into a larger pan. You'll simply just have thinner bars.
They can easily be made gluten free if you use a brand of gluten free cereal!
This is a super quick recipe, so I recommend having all of the ingredients measured out and the pan greased before you start.
Be sure to not overcook the sugar mixture or you'll end up with hard and crunchy treats.
Popular No Bake Treats
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
- 3 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Grease a square pan (8x8 or 9x9-inch) and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of the marshmallows, the corn syrup and brown sugar to a saucepan.
- Heat over low-medium heat and stir until the brown sugar is dissolved and the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Add the cereal and stir until well-coated.
- Add the remaining marshmallows and stir just a few times (don't over-stir or these marshmallows will melt).
- Pour into the prepared pan and pat the mixture out to an even layer.
- Let cool before slicing and enjoy!