This addictively delicious Crack Corn Dip recipe is a mixture of corn, peppers, chilies, sour cream and seasonings. It's truly as simple as pour, mix, chill and serve!Jump to Recipe
Whether it game day or a simple get-together, it's always good to have a simple, fuss-free appetizer recipe in your back pocket. Well friends, this is it! This easy cheesy corn dip recipe is one you can throw together in minutes!
Cold Corn Dip
I have several favorite dips - some that are hot, like my Pizza Dip and some cold. Hot dips are great if you're hosting or have access to an oven. However, if you're headed to a party and don't want to worry about having to heat something up, this dip is great!
Ingredients Needed (full recipe below)
- Canned Corn with Poblano and Red Peppers - also known as "southwest corn" or "Mexicorn"
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese - Cheddar, Colby Jack or Mexican Blend
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- Diced Green Chilies
- Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Garlic and Onion Powder
- Corn Chips or Tortilla Chips, for dipping
How to Make Corn Dip
One thing I love about this recipe for corn dip is that it's SO easy.
First, you'll want to make sure to drain the corn, tomatoes and chilies really well. If you have too much excess liquid, your dip will be runny and we want this one to stay nice and thick.
Once the canned ingredients are drained, you'll simply dump all of the ingredients into the bowl and stir well.
I recommend chilling this dip for a couple hours as it gives a chance for the flavors to all meld together.
I like to serve this Crack Corn Dip with Fritos corn chips, tortilla chips or crunchy bell peppers!
Corn chips and tortilla chips are my go-to choices. If you're wanting something a little lighter, thick sliced bell peppers add a nice crunch and a little more nutrition!
If you don't have Mexicorn (the corn with peppers mixed in), you can use regular whole kernel corn. I'd just recommend adding ¼ cup drained and diced roasted red pepper to add a little color and flavor!
No, this dip isn't spicy at all. However, if you'd like a little heat, there are a few ways to do so. You can swap the regular Rotel tomatoes for "hot" Rotel tomatoes. Or, you can add "hot" diced green chilies in place of the regular. Or try adding some seeded and diced jalapenos! And if you're feeling brave, do all three! 😉
Other Delicious Add-Ins
Whether you want a little added heat or maybe a little crunchy bacon, this dip is easy (and fun!) to customize! Here are a few ideas for add-ins....
- ¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup seeded and finely diced fresh jalapenos
- ¼ cup drained and diced canned jalapenos (will have less heat than fresh)
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
Other Cold Dip Recipes
Crack Corn Dip
- Two 15.25 ounce cans corn with peppers (aka Mexicorn, Fiesta Corn, etc) drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Colby Jack, or Mexican Blend work great)
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- One 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel) drained
- One 4 ounce can diced green chilies drained
- One 1 ounce packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix well and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold.
- For a little kick, add "hot" Rotel tomatoes in place of the Original or Mild version.
- Add ¼ cup sliced green onions for a little added freshness and color.
- Try adding cooked and crumbled bacon just before serving for more crunch.